Hi,

I just bought the Treo 650 (upgraded from the 600). There are lot of programs that I don't want and will never use. Since there is a problem with low memory, I would like to delete the following applications:

1) Quicktour
    2) Versamail
    3) Worldclock

I have Snappermail and Worldmate - both work perfectly well and do not cause the Treo to restart.

Can someone please tell me how to delete programs?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPI
    1) Quicktour
    2) Versamail
    3) Worldclock
    Those apps are in ROM (and don't consume any RAM) and cannot be deleted.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    since those apps can't be deleted, you may want to hide them. I use ROMHidePanel.prc from Sony Clie to hide those apps. You may also try Invisible 1.4.
    The best way to delete them is never to add them in the first place. Much like a Windoze PC, I think it's wiser choice for a more stable platform when you install things fresh. It's well known in the Windows world that installing a new OS over an old one as an UPGRADE results in a less stable box with tons of "leftovers". Same thing with hardware upgrades, swapping an optical drive is no big deal but moving to a new MoBo with differnt chipsets warrants an OS reinstall. The logic should apply equally as well to the Palm platform.

A program may install differently depending upon what hardware it detects. Settings appropriate for the old hardware may be inappropriate for the new.

The "cleanest" most stable unit will result from installing something like Norhglide's NetaFreak Pak (Uninstall Manager and Clenup) as the first program and then installing apps one at a time from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The best way to delete them is never to add them in the first place. Much like a Windoze PC, I think it's wiser choice for a more stable platform when you install things fresh. It's well known in the Windows world that installing a new OS over an old one as an UPGRADE results in a less stable box with tons of "leftovers". Same thing with hardware upgrades, swapping an optical drive is no big deal but moving to a new MoBo with differnt chipsets warrants an OS reinstall. The logic should apply equally as well to the Palm platform.

A program may install differently depending upon what hardware it detects. Settings appropriate for the old hardware may be inappropriate for the new.

The "cleanest" most stable unit will result from installing something like Norhglide's NetaFreak Pak (Uninstall Manager and Clenup) as the first program and then installing apps one at a time from there.
    Uh, Jack, how do suggest that we do not install those apps, since they are already there after a hard reset?