1.    #1  
    I am running into the "buffering" problem...

It every station I select...same problem, quite annoying, I can onyl get continous feeds with a very low quality station (ie: 32k)

I am wondering, since i am using a 32K gemplus sim, if I switch to a 64K axalto sim, to enable network selection, would this improve performance?

Seeing as that I can lock onto one tower and not get "buffering" and "reconnecting" every 5-10 seconds? Would this help?

If not, please let me know some things I can do to improve performance, I would really like to tune in to those 128k + stations! Thx
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    acahp, what version of ptunes do you have? Version 3.0.7 increased the buffer size and this helped tremendously with being to listen to 128 kbps stations. Another thing to look at is your download speeds. There are a few sites that you can access via your treo to test how fast a connection you have.
  3.    #3  
    problem solved, I accessed shoutcast through treobits....i have been streaming continously for about 4 hours now
    if you have gprs you may have a harder time streaming 128k. gprs is about half as fast as cdma. although I have cdma & stream 128k better now but not perfectly with the new pocket tunes. I think it depends on the time of day I am tuning into the station. I guess no matter where you go in LA now there is friggin traffic jams!!!
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    How does using Treo Bits help? I have the exact same problems with streaming. I have the latest Ptunes with the larger buffer and it did not help.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    How does using Treo Bits help? I have the exact same problems with streaming. I have the latest Ptunes with the larger buffer and it did not help.
    don't really know how treobits helps....it does though

it is also very dependent on my signal, to stream 128K I HAVE to be locked onto full signal, otherwise buffering ever 10 seconds

another factor like stated is the time of day
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    if you have gprs you may have a harder time streaming 128k. gprs is about half as fast as cdma. although I have cdma & stream 128k better now but not perfectly with the new pocket tunes. I think it depends on the time of day I am tuning into the station. I guess no matter where you go in LA now there is friggin traffic jams!!!
    does edge make a difference? how do I know if I am utilizing edge?