Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    Just an FYI for Canadian residents. I got to play with a 650 for the first time a few days ago. The Rogers store in Pacific Centre (Vancouver) has them in. $799 less $250 rebate for a 3 year contract ($200 rebate for 2 year, I think).

    It got here sooner than I thought it would. Very cool, great screen, I may have to upgrade

    Mike
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by kazinvan
    Just an FYI for Canadian residents. I got to play with a 650 for the first time a few days ago. The Rogers store in Pacific Centre (Vancouver) has them in. $799 less $250 rebate for a 3 year contract ($200 rebate for 2 year, I think).

    It got here sooner than I thought it would. Very cool, great screen, I may have to upgrade

    Mike
    Interesting. An old friend who is an exec at Rogers in Toronto said it wouldn't be out until late March early April. I'd be curious what firmware/ROM is on the devices from Rogers. Also, the Rogers Get Mail application (from Visto) currently doesn't support the 650...well at leat it didn't two days ago. I will have to check to see if there is an update.

    Bill
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcmullin
    Interesting. An old friend who is an exec at Rogers in Toronto said it wouldn't be out until late March early April. I'd be curious what firmware/ROM is on the devices from Rogers. Also, the Rogers Get Mail application (from Visto) currently doesn't support the 650...well at leat it didn't two days ago. I will have to check to see if there is an update.

    Bill
    I heard late march from a tech guy I spoke with at Rogers. That was 3 weeks ago. I also phoned Rogers about suport for the Get Mail applicaition and they said when the start selling the 650's they'd roll out support. I really want that for my corporate email. I love Rogers Wireless Desktop but I hate using Blazer to access my corporate email. Anyway I'm excited about that and just the ability to phone tech support if I need to and not have hassles becuase my phone isn't supported.

    Maybe that store is pilot and bigger roll out is still end of the month. Anyway that's cool.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I heard late march from a tech guy I spoke with at Rogers. That was 3 weeks ago. I also phoned Rogers about suport for the Get Mail applicaition and they said when the start selling the 650's they'd roll out support. I really want that for my corporate email. I love Rogers Wireless Desktop but I hate using Blazer to access my corporate email. Anyway I'm excited about that and just the ability to phone tech support if I need to and not have hassles becuase my phone isn't supported.

    Maybe that store is pilot and bigger roll out is still end of the month. Anyway that's cool.
    Book, does GetMail provide 'push' email? I have an Enhanced Wireless Desktop account but since GetMail doesn't run on the 650 I never could test it. I'm also somewhat confused about the overall architecture of Enhanced Wireless Desktop. You sound like you know it well. Could you elaborate on how the email portion works? My current email addresses are hosted by providers using POP but I have the ability to forward the email to any address.

    Thanks,

    Bill

Posting Permissions