Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by MapaMan
    Any application out there that allows me to schedule a reset at 5am each morning so it doesn't happen to me in the middle of the day while on an important call?

There is a alarm/co-launcher called LookAtMe that may be able to do this. Just set the alarm to 5 am and then set the launcher to an app that would cause the Treo to soft reset. The problem is that I don't know of any app that can be called to automatically soft reset the Treo. I know there are apps like "Soft Reset" etc that can reset the Treo (as well as most launchers), but they require a couple taps etc. You would need to use an app like macroplay etc to setup a macro to call up a soft reset at a particular time... basically it might be easier to just reset the Treo yourself every morning...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    There is a alarm/co-launcher called LookAtMe that may be able to do this. Just set the alarm to 5 am and then set the launcher to an app that would cause the Treo to soft reset. The problem is that I don't know of any app that can be called to automatically soft reset the Treo. I know there are apps like "Soft Reset" etc that can reset the Treo (as well as most launchers), but they require a couple taps etc. You would need to use an app like macroplay etc to setup a macro to call up a soft reset at a particular time... basically it might be easier to just reset the Treo yourself every morning...
    The freeware app <a href="http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/mreset.shtml">mReset</a> does a soft reset when called without additional user input. Thanks so much for the pointer to LookAtMe! I'd been playing with a modern version of Macroplay to see about getting some nighttime backup stuff sorted out, but LookAtMe really handles what I want.

My downtime routine:
    0245 - TreoHelper "Enable Phone on Reset" disabled
    0255 - LookAtMe calls mReset
    0258 - DateBk5 "Float Advance Time" does daily database scan
    0300 - Snappermail "Do 3am tasks now"
    0310 - BackupBuddyVFS - daily backup
    0320 - BackupMan - daily backup
    0330 - TreoHelper "Enable Phone on Reset" re-enabled
    0335 - LookAtMe calls mReset
    0340 - LookAtMe calls Verichat (to re-establish data connection)
    0345 - LookAtMe calls Phone application
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    The freeware app <a href="http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/mreset.shtml">mReset</a> does a soft reset when called without additional user input. Thanks so much for the pointer to LookAtMe! I'd been playing with a modern version of Macroplay to see about getting some nighttime backup stuff sorted out, but LookAtMe really handles what I want.

My downtime routine:
    0245 - TreoHelper "Enable Phone on Reset" disabled
    0255 - LookAtMe calls mReset
    0258 - DateBk5 "Float Advance Time" does daily database scan
    0300 - Snappermail "Do 3am tasks now"
    0330 - TreoHelper "Enable Phone on Reset" re-enabled
    0335 - LookAtMe calls mReset
    0340 - LookAtMe calls Verichat (to re-establish data connection)
    0345 - LookAtMe calls Phone application

Very col indeed!! Just one question though... with all those apps, doesn't your Treo reset by itself anyway during the day thereby not needing to do an automatic reset?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Very col indeed!! Just one question though... with all those apps, doesn't your Treo reset by itself anyway during the day thereby not needing to do an automatic reset?
    My real need for the the forced resets is that the data connection sometimes hangs and prevents the phone from being able to turn itself off. If the phone isn't turned off at the necessary time then the backups don't take (the CalendarDB-Pdat "corruption" problem) and it's a pain in the *** to have to work around.

Other than my data connection sometimes going wonky I have a pretty stable environment. And while I don't reliably go days between resets, it does happen with some frequency. (... or at least I don't notice the resets.) At least, when I'm not playing with a new application or the latest unstable beta of something.

Bklech - why do you have 2 backups? what does backupman give you that BBVFS doesn't?
    Backupbuddy gives me my backup in a complete and user accessible directory and file structure. Backupman gives me an automated week of daily backups at any given time. That, and they addressed treo650 compatibility issues on different timelines.
    I am waiting for Verizon to release the Treo 650 and I am really looking into buying this device but after reading all the problems that people are having with the device I am a little bit afraid of making the change. I always love palm over pocket pc and would like to stay on this platform. Could people out there give me an overall balance of the phone to see if the positive aspects are more than the negative? Is it worthwhile to deal with all the problems that people are describing on these posts? Should I better look into a pocket pc/pda phone combo like the upcoming Samsung i730 instead? Any opinion counts.

Thanks
    Uh, oh...here we go...

"and in the red corner!..."

"Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!"
    Cingular T650
    ...now back to Motorola and a Zire 72!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123