Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I want to buy a bluetooth headset for my Treo and I narrowed it down to the Bluespoon ax or the hbh-660. How big is the 660 the ax is described as big as from the nuckle on your thumb forward.
  2.    #42  
    The 660 is about 2.5 inches long....
    Just got my HBH-660 and my Jabra ear gels and am FINALLY able to hear someone speaking on the other end. No mute trick required. Logitech Freedom already returned. Phew!

- B. (who is now on his third Treo 650 because the first 2 were defective)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.loveisearned.com<O</O
    Instant Messenger:<O</O
    AOL: brilovett, MSN: blovett@chicagogsb.edu, Yahoo: bm_lovett
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Im such the *****....I now realize why I could never get these ear jells to work....

they are right and left specific...doh...

Grey one is working well for me
    OK, I just received my 660 and am wanting to put the Jabra eargels on, but does removing the earhook do so permanently?
  6.    #46  
    Fuhrman, if you have the 660 in your hands it should be obvious that the earhook is pretty easy to remove AND put back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Fuhrman, if you have the 660 in your hands it should be obvious that the earhook is pretty easy to remove AND put back on.
    My luck, however, would be to pull on it and break a cheap little piece of plastic. I tugged on it, but it gave me some resistance, so I ran away with my tail tucked between my legs anxiously waiting your reply.

I just got this thing today, but so far the thing seems great. Thanks for the great review and quick response to my idiotic question Joebar!
    I took my ear hook off, snipped off the nub it attached to, and have never looked back. It is as if it was originally made this way. If my 660 ever fails, I'll replace it and do the same thing over again (which includes supergluing the ear gell to the head set :-)).
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    My luck, however, would be to pull on it and break a cheap little piece of plastic. I tugged on it, but it gave me some resistance, so I ran away with my tail tucked between my legs anxiously waiting your reply.

I just got this thing today, but so far the thing seems great. Thanks for the great review and quick response to my idiotic question Joebar!
    Sure thing...... I just sold my buddy on the combo too (he's got an Ericsson 616 so should be able to take advantage of the voice dialing too)

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Folks,

I'm in Singapore. I went to Amazon.com to order the Jabra coloured eargels but found that they cannot ship this to Singapore. Expansys.com.sg charges an atrocious SGD 40 to ship DHL. I need advise. Pls help.

cheers,
    sharkey
    snap! <^<< snap!
  11.    #51  
    Ebay?
    http://search.ebay.com/jabra-eargel_...omZR40QQsojsZ1

People are selling cheapo Jabra wired headsets that come with the same 6 eargels

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks heaps, J. You're a star.

I just placed my order on eBay. My fingers are crossed. I hope they fit. You have a wonderful review going there. It's convinced me - and I trust many others - to drop my other bluetooth headsets coz none of them work well enough.

I dropped by a store the other day and asked about how the Bluelink G2 fared in windy conditions. Can you believe what the store clerk told me? "They're all the same! If it's windy, it'll be impossible to hear anyway." Blah!

Now I'll be heading out to get my HBH 660 in the next few days when I get time away from work.

cheers,
    sharkey
    snap! <^<< snap!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Just got my 660 today. Charged it for a couple of hours and now using it happily. I'm glad I'm on this forum.

The loop is not as flexible as I think but it'll do. I'll get used to it. Now I'm just waiting for the eargels to arrive to complete the experience.

Qtn for those with the 660: Does your box come with a belt carrier?

cheers,
    sharkey
    snap! <^<< snap!
    mine did not come with a belt carrier...it did come with a lanyard of some sort....
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    That's what I heard most came with. But I also heard some boxes come with the leather pouch. I dunno if that's the majority or miniority.

cheers,
    sharkey
    snap! <^<< snap!
  16.    #56  
    No belt carrier, no pouch, just the lanyard, the wall charger, and an awful instruction "booklet".

Hey Joebar,

What were you referring to when you mentioned something about voice dialing? Is it now available for the 650?
    The HBH-660 supports voice dialing but the 650 does not. Apparently that Ericson 616 phone does so he could use this feature of the headset.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    Hey Joebar,

What were you referring to when you mentioned something about voice dialing? Is it now available for the 650?
    What miller said

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Been using the HBH 660 for a day & night - closing in to 3 hrs talk-time now - and batt's still at 3/4 full! I'm still on my first charge. Amazing! I hope it keeps up.

The ear loop is harder than I thought and provides a tight fit - a lil' too tight for my comfort. I guess I still need some getting used to it. I do kinda like the fact that it's outside the ear canal.

Reception is clear as crystal but falters and a lil' static kicks in at abt 7 ft if blocked by a wall. Clear up to 12 ft in line of sight. Just about the size of my 12 x 12 ft "prison" I call an office.

Al
    snap! <^<< snap!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast