Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    As far as I can see the, there are 3 different sizes on the eargels but the size is on the portion that fits into your ear (small, medium and large). The round cut out portion which typically would go onto the Jabra headset is the same size for all three! So I'm not sure how you see them fitting any different on the headset side.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  2. agi
    Are the Jabra Clear ones at RS the same as the ones on Amazon?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    As far as I can see the, there are 3 different sizes on the eargels but the size is on the portion that fits into your ear (small, medium and large). The round cut out portion which typically would go onto the Jabra headset is the same size for all three! So I'm not sure how you see them fitting any different on the headset side.
    Ya know what, you're right.... It just looks smaller at a quick glance but with enough "working it" you can get the other two sizes on as well. Didn't think they would go on because the depth of the hole on the smaller ones isn't as deep as the large one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Got home from work late today and the HBH-660 was waiting for me... Ordered it Sunday night from Danscellphones on ebay ($85 shipped), he sent it Tuesday, I got it Friday. Pretty quick.

Charged it, paired it (go into bluetooth/handsfree on Treo and search, then enter password 0000), then tested it out -- works great. Making outgoing calls from the Treo transfer nearly instantly to the headphone w/o pressing anything. Incoming calls take about 2-3 seconds (closer to the 2 side) from when the phone starts ringing (you hear a ring in the headphone and press the button on it to answer). No probs.

Volume is way low even with it cranked all the way up. I'd think it would be unusable in a car or maybe outdoors period. It doesn't go IN your ear, just kinda sits in front of it -- and no matter how I arranged it and the earhook, it didn't seem to line up right with my ear-hole However, from reading here, I knew about the volume issue ahead of time and my intention from the start was to dump the ear hook thingie and use the ear gels. I think the hooks in general are kind of annoying and wearing glasses makes em even worse.

I also ordered the 3 pack of colored Jabra EarGels from Amazon and received those as well. The gels come in three sizes for both left and right ear. Only the largest size one (purple) will fit on the 660. It's very snug and secure. I have normal sized ears, and it fits me fine. With the gels on, the volume can be turned way down now as the audio is pretty much shooting directly into your brain! Sounds great.

Made some test calls with my wife in the house and it sounded excellent on both ends (I made her wear the headset and I tried from the landline end as well).. No static at all with the phone within about 10 feet. In fact with a clear line of sight between the phone and my head, I could go a good 25 feet with "usable static" (very very slight).. Going around a lot of turns and walls, etc., the static gets a little worse. And oddly enough theres some static (in the very slight category) if the headset is in right ear and phone is in left pocket. I keep the phone in my right and headset in my right, so no biggie.

The headset is very light and super comfortable to wear with the Jabras. Don't see long time wear being an issue.

Dan also throws in a car charger (in addition to the wall charger that comes in the box), as well as the worthless "radiation shield" and "antenna booster" stickers (he must have thousands of them left over from the big craze a few years ago when everyone fell for that crap - they went into the garbage).

Overall -- awesome!

Oh, I also tried the SlicSound ear gels, which are not anywhere near as good with the 660 as the Jabras. None of the 3 sizes stayed in my ear very well, and with them attached to the headset, it felt like it could fall out at any minute.
    i bought the ear gell today they are white not blue also are they suppose to fit in your ear with out using hbh-660 hook
  5.    #25  
    I use the colored ones and have removed the ear hook. The headset is held in my ear w/ only the eargel.
    thats what im trying to do but i tried them they dont hold with out the hook
    im wondering if there is diffrents between the clear and the blue ones like yours

do u have more pics for the gell fitting in hbh-660

thanks
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    wow,
    major modifications necessary eh?
    Is there a headset out there that doesn't require superglue? LOL
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  8.    #28  
    Superglue is not needed with the correct eargels ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Hey, I've got the pack of eargels (colored) and my 660. But I can't get the eargel on the thing! It'll sort of go on, but it looks like the speaker on the 660 sticks out further than the hole of the eargel goes. Any ideas? Need help!!!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    The colored eargels fit, the clear do not. At least, that's been my experience. To get them on, just stretch 'em. Ever put a condom on?
    Finally! I went from a Scala-500 out of the box.. Pickup, volume and voice quality issues, but very light and comfortable using the ear loop.

To the HBH660... great voice quality outbound, quick connects but only fair earpiece volume and the ear loop fit my big head poorly.

To the HBH660 with SlicSounds... getting close now. Volume issues solved, but felt "loose" in my ear and left the unit at a funny angle on my head.

To the HBH660 with the Jabra Ear Gels. Success at last! All the volume issues still solved, secure in my ear and perfect angle. Although I am hearing the Treo Branded unit might be worth checking out, this setup is as close to perfect as I have found.

Joebar's review is dead on.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    The colored eargels fit, the clear do not. At least, that's been my experience. To get them on, just stretch 'em. Ever put a condom on?
    the clear one that i have fit in hbh-660 but it wont hold in my ear without the hbh-660 hook
    I have the Logitech Freedom and it is AWFUL!! Beside the fact that it looks like a huge turd hanging on your face, and though people say they hear me fine when I speak, I canít hear a thing when Iím outside (even in reasonably quiet areas). So, itís going back. (Also, the mute trick doesn't seem to work for me at all, and I can't figure out why.)

I think Iím going to get the 660, but I really want it to be VERY loud. Is there no way to make the slicsounds work with this? I hear they are great for increasing the volume. To solve the problem of it feeling like itís going to fall off, are you able to use both the hook and the slicsounds at the same time? What are the disadvantages of doing this?

Also, do the Jabra ear gels improve the sound volume as much as the slicsounds? Thanx.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.loveisearned.com<O</O
    Instant Messenger:<O</O
    AOL: brilovett, MSN: blovett@chicagogsb.edu, Yahoo: bm_lovett
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    Hey, I've got the pack of eargels (colored) and my 660. But I can't get the eargel on the thing! It'll sort of go on, but it looks like the speaker on the 660 sticks out further than the hole of the eargel goes. Any ideas? Need help!!!
    keep workin it The smaller sized ones are a little tougher to get on than the purple one, but they all go on (and seem to stay)..
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilovett
    Also, do the Jabra ear gels improve the sound volume as much as the slicsounds? Thanx.
    Yes, they both follow the same concept of funneling the speaker into a tiny hole that pokes directly into your ear.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    just for what it's worth..
    I got my twh today and tried the clear gels.... fell off twice.
    is there any difference between the clear and the blue ones??
    I know this thread is for the 660, but you guys have probably tried all gels out there by now...
    I guess I'm headed to best buy to get the blues...I'll see if those stay on the headset better..
    thanks.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  17.    #37  
    From the posts I've seen the colored gels fit better than the clear ones.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Finally! I've been using the nokia hs-3w, it does work pretty well There are no static issues, and the in ear sound is good, but it's way too quiet to the other person, (I have to pretty much yell) I'm going to order the gels and the 660 today! Is this the right link to amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

ARTIE ROCKS!
  19.    #39  
    Yes sdyoyo

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks!!!

Who's Kelly Clarkson?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast