1.    #1  
    http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/thewave.gif

I just got back from a 250 mile business trip using the TomTom Bluetooth GPS with my Treo 650. It operated flawlessly. 10 out of 10 on the coolness scale! I love the fact that once you plot an address and a route it will display your ETA and recalculate it as you go. I am always getting to appointments too early when it was not necc. This will help me buget my en-route time better. It also shows your current vehicle speed. Two things I would like it to do (that it can't) are integrate addresses with my address book and take calls at the same time the GPS is used. Otherwise I am very pleased with its performance. Installation was a snap and was very intuative to use right out of the box. I got mine for $217 shipped from Buy.com.

I would recommend this over Mapopolis bigtime!
    Last edited by Scottydon't; 03/11/2005 at 09:28 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Update. Here is a very comprehensive review comparing TomTom vs. Mapopolis.

http://twelveblackcodemonkeys.blog-c...ad/1095288.htm
    That's a pretty good review. There are a few minor inaccuracies: TomTom does have a battery meter, but it only displays when the battery drops below 50%. TomTom does have the ability to route around highways, but uses a different (and more powerful) interface to do so.

I didn't even know this special new Mapopolis version existed, though. Useful review.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    That's a pretty good review. There are a few minor inaccuracies: TomTom does have a battery meter, but it only displays when the battery drops below 50%. TomTom does have the ability to route around highways, but uses a different (and more powerful) interface to do so.

I didn't even know this special new Mapopolis version existed, though. Useful review.
    Hey Doug, I got your comments today but was having technical difficulties getting my blog posted at work. Now that I'm home I went ahead and added a small update to the bottom of the review and mentioned your comment.
    Twitter: @dvdmon