Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. agi
    I was trying to send an international SMS and got the following error

ERROR: An error accurred (407A) when sending this message.

I have search everywhere and found nothing

I can access internet just fine.

BTW, I switched to Axalto SIM card this afternoon and no more reboots!
    I am having the same problem, out of nowhere also..

It's just random, i can resend right after just fine, just hit or miss..

Anyone with info?
  3. agi
    I just got the Treo 650 yesterday (GSM - Cingular). Had GEMPLUS and it restarted on the first dial

I changed the SIM to Axalto and now so far this is the only problem I have. Internet works (speed su**s though - 31kb/s), VM works, dialing on incoming or outgoing works (except one time when I got incoming when typing SMS and it stopped ringing).

But the SMS think kind of worries me.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I got my Treo the week it came out directly from PalmOne and didn't have this problem till just last night. Anyone have any idea what causes this problem or how to fix it?
  5. agi
    Are you guys on Cingular?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Yep, Cingular. It was real bad yesterday, and today it did it the first few messages and it hasn't done it since, but I still would like to know why?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I've my had my Cingular treo for about two weeks now, and just yesterday I started having this same problem with SMS.

It's really bugging me since I use SMS to communicate quite often...
    any update on what could be causing this? I am still having the same problem

quite annoying for someone who uses over 1800 sms a month
    I myself am on sprint and get a "SMS error 4056" about 1 out of 5 times I try to send a sms, it always goes through on the second attempt. I wouldnt swear that 4056 is the exact error code number. I havent noticed whether the signal is low at the time or not. Ive looked on p1, ive googled, also no one at pdaphonehome knows either.
    I get this SMS error about 50% of the time. I'm getting good at the copy and paste commands now.

Unlocked 650/ Cingular / Axalto SIM card.
    i get the same 407A error (Treo650 Gemplus 64k)and have to resend - up to three times before it goes through. Other times SMS goes through on 1st try.
    Problem appeared around 3/11/05.
  12. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I also experience this quite often. T650/Cingular/Axalto.
  13. agi
    So it is either the network or the Axalto SIM. Geez ...
    So do you think mine are unrelated? I use Sprint and am not sure what axalto is. My error code numbers are different but my sms acts the same as others have described.
    I got this on cingular with gemplus also, but I shortened my message to under 160 chars (the size of one SMS message) and it sent without issues.
    My sms are always just a few words long. Is it possible for the sms issue and the versamail issue to be related?
    I'm getting the 407A all of the time as well. There's no pattern that I can detect. It's very annoying since I cannot just hit "send" and forget about it... I have to sit there and stare at the screen, and about half the time, resend the message (sometimes more than several times before it will finally go through). Who should we be complaining to? The 407A error seems to be only on GSM models, and has occured on both Cingular and T-Mobile networks.
    add me to the list of people having problems.

i am also peeved at the limit of 10 people for bulk texting. the 600 had a limit of 45.
    i'm having the 407A problem as well and have been for a while now.

Alot of people with this problem, are there any solutions?
    I'd like to add that I have not gotten a 407A for a couple of days now (*fingers crossed*).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast