1.    #1  
    I have 5 years worth of appointments in my calendar and about 3,400 entries. I probably don't need them all but they are there.

My CalendarDB-PDa file is 3.55 Meg.

Anyone else have that many records and a smaller file? Is there a way to optimize this short of archiving old events? And how would you recommend archiving the old events?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I have nowhere near that many items - I purge mine once a year or so, keeping the last 18 months' worth. Datebk5 provides a Purge function for exactly such an occasion, and it will also save your purged items into a History database if you want to keep them around.

RTFM, page 47.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I have 5 years worth of appointments in my calendar and about 3,400 entries.

My CalendarDB-PDa file is 3.55 Meg.
    Mine is about half that both in size and number of entries. If you are on Sprint, hopefully the patch they release will help. I don't know of a way to shrink it beyond deleting events.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    I have nowhere near that many items - I purge mine once a year or so, keeping the last 18 months' worth. Datebk5 provides a Purge function for exactly such an occasion, and it will also save your purged items into a History database if you want to keep them around.

RTFM, page 47.
    Datebk has a manual?!

Learned to use it on my own :-)

So is this History database usable only on the palm? How much space does it take up?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Datebk has a manual?!

Learned to use it on my own :-)
    The manual for DateBk5 is HUGE! I've been using DateBk since the DakeBk3 days but the manual always turns up a new feature for me.
    Datebk has a manual?!
    The manual alone is worth $25 :-)

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5-v54a-manual.zip

Aloke
    First, the way you ask the question makes me wonder if you realize that Datebk5 doesn't have it's own database. It uses the same database as the built-in calendar app uses. Second, there's really no way to make it smaller without deleting records.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Mine was large also. To save space I purged and only kept a years worth. 2180 records and just a little over 1 Mb is what I have now.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)