1.    #1  
    I'm getting regular HALRadioAcDc.c crashes, so I thought I'd call PalmOne to see if they want to swap out my device or if they might hint at an upcoming firmware fix. So I went to PalmOne's web site in search of a phone number, and found
    Technical support, repair service and customer support for your Treo smartphone are provided by Cingular Wireless. Please contact Cingular Wireless Customer Service; phone support is available at 1-866-246-4852 or dial 611 from your mobile phone.
    Is this right? Does PalmOne totally wash their hands of hardware support unless you buy the Unlocked GSM, or is it just a smokescreen to keep us from finding a real support number?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if PalmOne didn't support the Cingular modified versions. It makes sense. If Cingular wants to make changes that may influence how, and if, the device works, they should take responsibility for supporting that device. Palm sells the non carrier specific (unlocked) version that should be exactly the way they intend the device to be, thus, they should take responsibility for supporting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    I'm getting regular HALRadioAcDc.c crashes, so I thought I'd call PalmOne to see if they want to swap out my device or if they might hint at an upcoming firmware fix. So I went to PalmOne's web site in search of a phone number, and foundIs this right? Does PalmOne totally wash their hands of hardware support unless you buy the Unlocked GSM, or is it just a smokescreen to keep us from finding a real support number?
    that is how it is. the carrier supports the device.

i have a unlocked unbranded treo 600 and when i called palm, they told me to call t-mobile. t-mo sent me another unlocked unbranded phone.

i suspect that once t-mo offer the 650, i will have to call them.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    The way this normally works is that to get support from the phone manufacturer.

First-level support goes to the phone company - you get to the manufacturer (Palm, in this case) through the phone company only.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, all. Guess it's time to get to know Cingular's hold music.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro