1.    #1  
    and for some reason, my trial of 2.78b which said it was expired is no longer expired for me.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  2.    #2  
    By the way, no obvious difference to me in 2.80.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Is anyone having trouble getting their buddy list? all that are showing up on mine are the bots. but my aim on my puter is working fine.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    no issues with buddy list; downloaded 2.80 with no issues so far. switching between views (alphabetical vs. by group) seems faster...
    No problems with my buddy list either. It seems to log on much quicker too. I hope the Always On via SMS is more stable as well. The Data Only works fine but I think it drains the battery quicker.
    My alerts aren't working right with the new version. Anyone else?
    Ouch...I get a reset everytime I open Verichat after updating to 2.80. Looks like its BackupBuddyVFS to the rescue.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    No problems with my buddy list either. It seems to log on much quicker too. I hope the Always On via SMS is more stable as well. The Data Only works fine but I think it drains the battery quicker.
    a constant data connection drains the battery MUCH more then the SMS option which doesn't require a constant data connection.
    1 | 2
    I'm having major reset issues too with v2.8. I went to the site to the site to get a more stable version and they only show 2.33b -> is that version better?
    Quote Originally Posted by spa_girl
    I'm having major reset issues too with v2.8. I went to the site to the site to get a more stable version and they only show 2.33b -> is that version better?
    2.80 works fine here. My Treo has not crashed since installing this version on Friday. spa_girl, you should try uninstalling and the reinstalling Verichat after downloading from the Verichat website.
    I just installed 2.80. We'll see what happens. Verichat is the source of my reset issues. If I put it into always on mode, I get random resets. If I leave it off, everything is great.
    Nope, no dice. After installing Verichat 2.80 (by hotsync, not OTA) I turned on the Always-on feature. As soon as I turned the screen off (red phone button) and set the phone down, it reset on it's own. ##ERR# blames the issue on ZLauncher, which is a load of crap since this issue ONLY happens when Verichat's Always'On function is enabled.

Back to the Drawring board guys! (yes, I meant to spell it that way)
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Ive got the new load and using SMS alerts with Sprint I am having no problems.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Nope, no dice. After installing Verichat 2.80 (by hotsync, not OTA) I turned on the Always-on feature. As soon as I turned the screen off (red phone button) and set the phone down, it reset on it's own. ##ERR# blames the issue on ZLauncher, which is a load of crap since this issue ONLY happens when Verichat's Always'On function is enabled.
    I have the same issue. The error always indicates the crash was caused by whatever application I was in when I turned of the 650. A few weeks ago I did a hard reset and reinstalled all my applications fresh - still didn't help with the Always-on SMS however, my 650 is much more stable overall. Data mode in VeriChat works fine. I'm starting to wonder if there is a conflict with another application or something. I am on Sprint, how about you?
    I received this reply back from PDAAPPS (the developer) over the weekend after having the same problem.

"We think you are running into a bug in the ROM which kicks in on Display On.
    We will continue exploring this, but we think the next ROM update from
    palmOne will fix this bug for you."

PDAapps
    P.s. They say the ROM update is coming soon. I think I heard possibly this week(?)
    It would be nice if that's the case. We'll see.

It was almost a moot point earlier today though. Took my 650 off my belt to show it to someone and it slipped out of my hand and jumped straight up in the air. a little juggling resulted in it getting dropped on the floor. Luckily nothing damaged. Just my blood pressure going up a bit.
    Mooch,

Had that happended to me too. I went with egrips. Have you tried them?
    If you go to the "Help" > "About" in Verichat, and click on the current version (underlined), it'll link to the change log which tells you the changes from the previous version.