1.    #1  
    I have some rules set up in Outlook (via exchange) to move messages from my inbox to other folders and therefore Chatter will not notify me. However, this requires that I leave Outlook running on my office computer all the time. Is there a way to set up something in Chatter so I don't need to leave Outlook running all the time?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Can't you just have Mailboxes in Chatter for those "other folders"? Or am I missing something?

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Good question. The mail comes into my inbox. If Outlook is closed, it stays in my inbox until Outlook is open on the desktop and then it is automatically moved to a different folder. I am notified of all mail in my inbox by Chatter. I don't want to know about these messages. I just want them to be moved to the other folder. I am not sure if "I" am missing something here. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Ah, so you're asking whether Chatter could move messages using the equivalent of your Outlook rules... Hmmm.... What sorts of rules are these?

Marc
  5.    #5  
    It is basically to move efax messages to an efax folder. So thr rule states:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
    from message@inbound.efax.com
    move it to the EFax folder
    and mark it as read

I have a similar rule for the maxemail account (efax equivelant which I like ALOT more)

Thanks.

i'm curious about this too. i have ~10-15 rules on my outlook and i'd love to get these in chatter.
    I currently do this now. The messages will get moved when Outlook is closed if you don't specify to "Mark it as Read". That is an Outlook client option so it won't work unless Outlook is open. Remove that option and it will work as expected. I do that now and it works perfectly without sending the message to Chatter.
  8.    #8  
    That is great advice. I never realized the marking as read is what required outlook to be running. But what happens when you start outlook again? Does it show X new messages (in bold) for that folder? Thanks.

yes i also want to use filters to move messages. i have spamassassin tag email headers for spam and i move messages based on this header. is there anyway to do this in chatter so it will check the header and move the message to a folder i choose?

thanks! rob.
    blur - No, there's no way to do that. Frankly, I think this is the server's job - many good mail hosts allow this kind of filtering.

Marc
  11.    #11  
    By unchecking the "mark as read" option, all mail is sent to the appropriate folder but is marked as new. A bold number shows up next to the folder which I didn't want. Any other ideas?