Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    One of the main functionalities that I wish my Treo 650 had, which Outlook has, is the ability to hit the Snooze button when an alarm pops up, giving you the option of how long until the next time it reminds you again. The only app I've found thus far that fills these requirements is Agendus. I don't really like Agendus all that well though. Is there another app out there that allows one to snooze alarms?

Thanks,
    Jacob
    That's one of the things I hate, I can't believe they didn't include that feature in Beyond Contacts, that's like SOOOO easy to impliment!
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I bought DateBk5 just for the snooze ability.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    The only app I've found thus far that fills these requirements is Agendus.
    Then you didn't look very far.

Datebk5 has provided customizable snoozing since it was only Datebk3. When an alarm goes off, you can snooze it for a (customizable) preset delay with a single tap; one of several preset delays with two or three taps; or select a custom delay from a time-picker dialog.

Furthermore, you can elect to snooze from "now", or before the start or end time of the appointment. The former is useful if you want plenty of advance warning to prep for a meeting, then want a reminder five minutes before you actually need to be there. The latter is used by some professionals who charge by the hour or half-hour, to remind them that their allotted timeslot is about to end.

Check it out at www.datebk5.com.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Then you didn't look very far.

Datebk5 has provided customizable snoozing since it was only Datebk3. When an alarm goes off, you can snooze it for a (customizable) preset delay with a single tap; one of several preset delays with two or three taps; or select a custom delay from a time-picker dialog.

Furthermore, you can elect to snooze from "now", or before the start or end time of the appointment. The former is useful if you want plenty of advance warning to prep for a meeting, then want a reminder five minutes before you actually need to be there. The latter is used by some professionals who charge by the hour or half-hour, to remind them that their allotted timeslot is about to end.

Check it out at www.datebk5.com.
    Since Datebk3 you say? Isn't Datebk3 the one that is supplied with the 650? I haven't been able to find any customizable snooze options there... ?

I will look at buying Datebk5 though... thanks!

-Jacob
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    Since Datebk3 you say? Isn't Datebk3 the one that is supplied with the 650?
    Not quite. Datebk3 has been around since at least 1998 (when I first registered my copy), and somewhere around 2000 (if my memory serves), Handspring licenced some Datebk3 features and produced Datebk+ which they put in the ROM of their Visors. Around that time, Datebk3 grew into Datebk4, and sometime after that it graduated again into Datebk5. I believe Datebk3 and Datebk4 are still available for folks with older PDA's which don't have the memory and/or OS to support the latest version, or who simply don't need the extra features.

Interestingly, it seems that more and more Datebk-like features keep appearing in Handspring/PalmOne's Datebook applications with each new OS version, though I have no idea how many of them are still licenced from DateBk's author and how many are reverse-engineered from his work (now there's a turnabout for you).
    Last edited by jetkins; 03/11/2005 at 05:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Datebk5 is a great product, but with a big caveat in this area: It won't provide the added snooze functionality to tasks synched with Outlook--it only provides those extra snooze features on ToDos created natively in Datebk5, or on events synced via the calendar. This is because PalmOne created a Tasks database in the 650, which is separate from the ToDo database used by the native calendar program--and also by Datebk5. Tasks from Outlook are synced to the Tasks database in the 650, so Datebk5 won't handle them--meaning when alarms for tasks go off you get the basic snooze button with no options even when Datebk5 is installed. For someone like me, who uses Tasks in Outlook extensively, this is a big limitation of Datebk5. I contacted their customer support and I got a very helpful and speedy reply acknowledging the issue, but no timeframe on when the snooze functionality might be extended to the Task database, and thus work for task alarms. If anyone is aware of another program out there that provides enhanced snooze functionality for task alarms (not just calendar alarms) please post the info!