1.    #1  
    I am having a problem with downloading new messages in versa mail. If I have the 650 set on phone then when I look at the phone screen, the message alert in the upper left is on, I go to versa mail and I download without difficulty. On the other hand, if I am in versamail and mutliple messages need to be downloaded I get an error message after each download. The individual messages are downloadable but I have to do them one at a time.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    What does the error message say?
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    it simply says, "error retrieving message"
    I started getting the same "Error retrieving message" recently whenever I am downloading more than one message. The message gets downloaded fine, it just gives the error message and stops after it finishes downloading the first one. So I have to click OK and do another GET to see the next message and so on until all of them have been downloaded.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    I use versamail to get gmail and fast mail emails. I just now got 8 emails through my treo 650, no problem whatsoever. I just go to the Versamail icon, click on it, click on get and voila.
    I am having the same problem. The program will only retrieve one message at a time.
    Do you have it set to download subjects only, or the whole message? I have mine set to automatically download the full message and it works no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjosh
    Do you have it set to download subjects only, or the whole message? I have mine set to automatically download the full message and it works no problem.
    My delivery Options are set to;
    Get 'Entire message'
    Get only 'Unread messages'
    Download attachments
    Maximum message size: 50 kb
    Message Format: 'HTML'
    You should try deleting and recreating the Versamail databases. Painful, but this seems to correct some Versamail problems.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!