1.    #1  
    all with versamail worked fine until now - had to setup everything from the beginning again - using gmail.

connection is established, but when getting to "connecting to mail server" the connection is not done, as if the phone would not be responding, and then it shows: time out ...

checked settings of pop3 and smtp again and again, mistake is not there ...

what could it be?

tks for any hint -
    Last edited by beelzebueb; 03/11/2005 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    all with versamail worked fine until now - had to setup everything from the beginning again - using gmail.

connection is estblished, but when hanging in "connecting to mail server" the connection is not done, always ends in a time out ...

checked settings of pop3 and smtp again and again, mistake is not there ...

what could it be?

tks for any hint -

I actually had this problem, and I *think* I figured out my problem. It seems that Versamail does NOT work if keyguard is active at the time. I've been wondering why my phone would slow down to a halt occasionally, but the problem went away once I disabled autosync on versamail. Last night, I re-enabled it because I was testing SMS trigger for emails, and it happened again, except this time I was there to see what was happening.

It turns out, if the phone was off when the mail arrives, and treohelper triggers versamail to download the new mail, while keyguard is active, the treo would get stuck at the "connecting to mail server" screen, then eventually time out. But if I were to disable the keyguard while it's connecting, it would immediately connect and download the mail. It's really odd.

Anyhow, if u have keyguard on, and it was trying to fetch emails while keyguard is active, that might be your problem.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    proxidicae: tks for mentioning, but I've keyguard disabled ...

what else could it be? strange, isnt it? maybe some corrupt prefs? a mistery to me ... with the exactly same settings it was just working ...
    same exact problem...tried downloading snappermail and gets frozen as it connects to server?