Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Cas
    So I bought a Sony 660 then read a good review of the Logitech Mobile Freedom so bought one for comparison

Sound quality:
    both are very good, I did not get any complaints when using either and I got good clarity when listening.

Static:
    The 660 has a little static when I am in my home but not enough to bother me, when walking or in the car there is no static.
    The Logi had nearly no static in my home but when walking or in my car there was some which was a little bothersome.

Volume:
    The Logi wins on volume it was louder than the 660 but still not loud enough when I was in a noisy environment... But the 660 wins by a land slide when using the jabra eargel.

Battery life:
    they were both adequate. I normally charge my headsets every 2-3 days and both lasted that long with moderate usage.

Comfort:
    the 660 was slightly more comfortable using the earloop. The 660 got bothersome after wearing it for 4-5 hrs. The Logi got bothersome after just a couple of hours. The 660 with the eargel does not get bothersome. Neither was uncomfortable due to weight because both were fairly light.

Size:
    the Logi was a little bigger that the 660... We all look silly with BT set in our ear so I guess it does not mater too much

Price:
    Logi $36.00 shipped
    660 $97.00 shipped with eargels ($7)

Conclusion:
    Both were very good headsets and it hard to say that there was a winner. The Logi is excellent for the price and would tie the 660 with out eargels: but if price is not a factor and you use the eargels with the 660, then the 660 wins but not by much.
    Where did you buy the eargels for the 660? I've been looking online, but haven't seen them.
    Apparently Radio Shack has the eargels. Not sure about finding them online. Do search for "Radio Shack" and that should help.
    I see Radio Shack has Jabra eargels. I'm assuming these are compatible with the Sony Ericson 660....
    Jabra eargels
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

Came yesterday, pretty cool... Still waiting on my 660 to put them on! Hopefully today.
  6. Cas
    I ordered some jabars online that did not have a lip and fit poorly then read on here about the being two types of jabar eargels one with a lip one without... the ones with the lip fit great and are so comfy... I got mine at rat shack for $7
    Hi Cas; quick question regarding the Logitech Mobile Freedom:

Is it fully compabile with the Treo650 (handsfree support)?
    ie. Can you pick up phone calls directly from the headset, without answering from the phone first and then transfer the call? Can you hang up directly from the headset? etc...

Thank you!
  8. Cas
    Yes it picks up call automatically and you can hang up by pushing a button just like the 660... But there is one small but slightly annoying thing when it does it... when making a call the headset connects and you ear the other phone ring for one ring, then you hear the beep telling you the headset connected. The first couple of times I thought it was call waiting
    Cas, thank you for the prompt reply. See you around!
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Does call waiting work with the Treo 650 and Logitech Mobile Freedom.. meaning can you answer a 2nd call with the press of the button on the Logitech?
    I found the Logitech Mobile Freedom uncomfortable after an extended period of time. It also took longer to connect than the Motorola HS820. Ben
    Cas,

When you compared the Sony 660 with the Logitech Mobile Freedom, was it the older Logitech or is it the new one? (Logitech Mobile Pro) I'm asking b/c apparently the "pro" has the noise cancellation for those windy environments. Let me know. I'm also assuming that it's the older version because of the price. It seems to be very cheap for it to be the "Pro"
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Logitech Mobile Freedom.. there has only been one of those. I think you're confusing it with the two boom type headsets that Logitech has...
    http://tinyurl.com/c82fj
    Fareal...

No just like in the link that you sent me there are 2 Logitech BT headsets. 1) The Logitech Mobile Freedom; and 2) The Logitech Mobile Pro. The "pro" being the most recent.
    the pro seems way more advanced...and fareal why the messed up url...usually those are for counters/tickers and cookies man
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Ok here is a better link showing all three Logitechs..

Logitech Mobile
    Logitech Mobile Freedom
    Logitech Mobile Pro

http://tinyurl.com/9yaw4

Cas specifically mentioned the Freedom so he must not be talking about the Mobile or the newer Mobile Pro.

I think I have a habit of using tinyurl .. its neater/cleaner than using the long crazy links.
    My point exactly, so that should not have been compared with the Logitech Freedom b/c it's not even the latest headset. From what i've heard the "pro" is awesome as far as the noise cancellation feature and being able to hear fine even in your car with the windows down, etc... Can anyone comment on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal
    Ok here is a better link showing all three Logitechs..

Logitech Mobile
    Logitech Mobile Freedom
    Logitech Mobile Pro

http://tinyurl.com/9yaw4

Cas specifically mentioned the Freedom so he must not be talking about the Mobile or the newer Mobile Pro.

I think I have a habit of using tinyurl .. its neater/cleaner than using the long crazy links.
    oh okay sorry aboot dat

and yeah I was looking at the Pro as well...I wish I could see pictures of it on someones head etc

NM found one: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/markham...ile_pro_on.jpg I'll tell you one thing, thats pretty small, the logitech picture does no justice like the HBH-300
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I have the Logitech Mobile Freedom w/ Windstop Technology. I can use it with the windows rolled down in my car. It has superior noise cancellation IMO.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I have the Logitech Mobile Freedom w/ Windstop Technology. I can use it with the windows rolled down in my car. It has superior noise cancellation IMO.
    Any complaints on the Logitech Mobile Freedom? Static? Have you used the Treo Wireless Headset or the Sony HBH-660 to compare it to these? After reading the reviews on Amazon (and here on treocentral) for the Logitech Mobile Freedom, I'm seriously considering it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast