1.    #1  
    Any reason to use both programs?

http://www.79bmedia.de/content/view/71/2/
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=50830

Whats the difference between the types of reset produced by Soft Reset and Crash Pro (this actually has two types of resets that it can produce...)?

Aloke
    The idea behind Crash Pro is that it catches a crash and converts it into a soft reset. This can be useful if the original crash would have frozen the pda, perhaps flattening the battery if you were away from the unit.
    Crash Pro also displays what the error message is, just before it does the reset which is helpful of tracking down the crash.
    The Soft Resets within Crash Pro are really there for you to test if the program works!!
    I use the freeware version of Crash Pro, which works fine for me
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I use the freeware version of Crash Pro, which works fine for me
    Same here!

-Sabrina
  4.    #4  
    Looks like there is no need to keep Soft Reset on the Treo ...

What's the difference between Crash #1 and Crash #2 in CrashPro? Do they create different types of crshes/resets?

Aloke
    Where do I get the "freeware" version of Crash-Pro? The version I downloaded says it expires in 14 days.
    The non pro version is available from the same website. check the About box to see what it says.
    The older version on my 600, v2.11, calls itself Crash and the About box says Crash 2.11. The latest version, 2.17, on my 650 says Crash Pro on the front, but the About box says Crash 2.17 ??

I assume I've got the free one,
    Thought of the day :
  7.    #7  
    I use Crash Pro and FWIW, it manages to trap very few resets. Most of the time, if the Treo 650 wants to reset, it does.. without Crash Pro being able to figure out the program that caused the crash, and why. All it says is in its log is "Soft Reset".

#*377 provides the correct reason afterwards.

I use Crash Pro to force resets and keep a log of the last reset event (when it happened).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Please explain the #*377 code. Do I enter that in phone mode and press dial?
    Yes, try it now

377 = "err" on the keyboard letters, just so you can remember
    Thought of the day :
    I've got a VZW phone. the #*377 doesn't do anything except make a call to James Earl Jones saying it's an invalid number.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Not #*377, try ##377...
    Sorry, but I'm missing something here. For these codes do I go into phone mode, enter the ##377 and press dial? If so then this feature doesn't work on my phone, it just makes a call.
  13.    #13  
    Are you using Treo 650 (or is it 600)?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I have the 650.
  15.    #15  
    There are a whole lot of such codes listed at
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46
    the CDMA phones use ## as prefix, the GSM ones use #*.

I don't know why these don't work on your Verizon Treo650 ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Thanks for the help... Turns out I have to enter #*#377 . This is the code needed by several others at the shadowmite website. Thanks for the link.