Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1.    #21  
    I still will like to know if TealBackup restores midis and pictures after a hard reset. My Treo650 is clean as far as I know. I have crash pro installed with a ton of apps including zlauncher with a heavy load of apps on the card because of no memory and the error log shows no resets. I did a hard reset and restore with Backupman VFS to see if it worked and I got error messages that it couldn't restore some files. My pictures and Midis were gone, otherwise everything else was fine. I read somewhere on other threads that TealBackup restores the midis and pictures. I just want to see if someone else already experienced a hard reset and restore with Tealbackup to verify this without me taken the risk. I had tried this with backupman and it was a disaster. That's why I switched to Backupman VFS.

    I have read that Botzam backup restores pictures and midis but customer support is non-existing. I would rather go with TealBackup for that reason. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. paris1129's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    I have read that Botzam backup restores pictures and midis but customer support is non-existing. I would rather go with TealBackup for that reason. Any info would be appreciated.
    Well, its a matter of what you prefer. I would rather have an app that works even if customer service isnt good, versus great customer service for an app that crashes my treo evertime I attempt a restore!! If you can get teal working for you with no problems, than more power to ya!
  3. #23  
    Hey fishnet can you read? I just explained in length why you can't restore your ringtones. You most likely have a corrupt ringtone database. Doesn't matter what software you use. I suggest you go back & read my lengthy post
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Hey fishnet can you read? I just explained in length why you can't restore your ringtones. You most likely have a corrupt ringtone database. Doesn't matter what software you use. I suggest you go back & read my lengthy post
    Treoneo,

    I read your post and appreciate the time you spent writing it but you didn't answer my question. If your ringtones were not "corrupt" does TealBackup have the ability to restore "un-corrupted" ringtones and pictures, Backupman and Backupbuddy VFS cannot, Botzam can from what I read. I asked you because you have endorsed TealBackup in many threads so I assumed you would know the answer either personally or by posts from others. No need to get arrogant.

    The reason I started this thread is to get that question answered in which others also joined in asking the same thing. I guess I'll take the risk and test it myself.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by paris1129
    Well, its a matter of what you prefer. I would rather have an app that works even if customer service isnt good, versus great customer service for an app that crashes my treo evertime I attempt a restore!! If you can get teal working for you with no problems, than more power to ya!
    I agree with you. But if TealBackup has the same capabilities, which I still do not know, I would rather go with it. Have you registered with Botzam yet?
  6.    #26  
    Response from TealPoint Support:

    Hi,

    If the files are in main memory, it will back them up.

    Best regards,

    Kelly
    Customer Support
    _________________________
    SUPPORT TEALPOINT - Buy directly at TEALPOINT.COM
  7. #27  
    Does tealbackup work with isync/mac from a desktop perspective? Looks good from a handheld perspective.
  8. #28  
    Long time huge fan of Backup Buddy - Used for several years with Sony Clie. Purchased Tealbackup because Backup Buddy would not work at all, until recent release. I have had great success with Tealbackup, once I excluded a few files (e.g. shim logs), but there a few things that don't restore, such as Bluetooth paring. I've never lost any data or pictures through a restore of Tealbackup.

    Was excited to see if Backup Buddy-Windows would in fact backup "everything" as they claim. Perhaps it does, nice interface, but it would crash more frequently on VFS restore (defective) than tealbackup. I'm also not crazy about now having to buy two programs, rather than one (the Window version only includes a lite version of VFS, used to include full version).

    After my trial expired, I removed BackupBuddy, but now I get an error every time I boot my computer, regarding the hotsync conduit (destructive). Support from BlueNomad (BackupBuddy) said I have to re-install the Palm desktop software to remove the error. After I politely replyed I don't want to re-install, because I have installed other programs (KeySuite - great program, but pricey) that affect the Palm conduit, they said I should just re-install those again.

    So sorry, but my Treo is unstable enough, without reinstalling conduits, because they didn't take the time to write proper uninstall code - Very Bitter, former Huge Fan, Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

    Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Long time huge fan of Backup Buddy - Used for several years with Sony Clie. Purchased Tealbackup because Backup Buddy would not work at all, until recent release. I have had great success with Tealbackup, once I excluded a few files (e.g. shim logs), but there a few things that don't restore, such as Bluetooth paring. I've never lost any data or pictures through a restore of Tealbackup.

    Was excited to see if Backup Buddy-Windows would in fact backup "everything" as they claim. Perhaps it does, nice interface, but it would crash more frequently on VFS restore (defective) than tealbackup. I'm also not crazy about now having to buy two programs, rather than one (the Window version only includes a lite version of VFS, used to include full version).

    After my trial expired, I removed BackupBuddy, but now I get an error every time I boot my computer, regarding the hotsync conduit (destructive). Support from BlueNomad (BackupBuddy) said I have to re-install the Palm desktop software to remove the error. After I politely replyed I don't want to re-install, because I have installed other programs (KeySuite - great program, but pricey) that affect the Palm conduit, they said I should just re-install those again.

    So sorry, but my Treo is unstable enough, without reinstalling conduits, because they didn't take the time to write proper uninstall code - Very Bitter, former Huge Fan, Kevin.
    Thanks for the info. Try conduit buddy to remove that pesky conduit. See the link below:
    http://www.livepim.com/condbudy/
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    Does tealbackup work with isync/mac from a desktop perspective? Looks good from a handheld perspective.
    I don't know, sorry.
  11. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #31  
    I have used Tealbackup since I got my Treo 650. Im using version 1.09 and dont have issues as I do with other backup programs (i.e. Backupman, Botzam and backupbuddy). I do exclude shim.log which gives me an error. Other than that everything gets backed up. I have also performed numerous restores. The restores leave my T650 the same way I had it last, with all my ringers, settings and preferences - even wallpaper!

    Give teal a shot.
  12. fmcgirt's Avatar
    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #32  
    I have an unlocked GSM 650 and have first installed BackupMan. I today tried TealBackup and every time I was in the Advanced Preferences dialog and hit OK to exit, I got a reset. Something must be interfering as I don't normally get any resets. I would like to try it but not as it stands now.

    Frank
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I have used Tealbackup since I got my Treo 650. Im using version 1.09 and dont have issues as I do with other backup programs (i.e. Backupman, Botzam and backupbuddy). I do exclude shim.log which gives me an error. Other than that everything gets backed up. I have also performed numerous restores. The restores leave my T650 the same way I had it last, with all my ringers, settings and preferences - even wallpaper!

    Give teal a shot.
    Thanks damigs.

    Finally I got the answer I was looking for.
  14.    #34  
    I just received an email from Botzam support endorcing their product based on a compatability question I emailed to them last week. I guess they are alive and kicking.

    After my firmwear update, hopefully this week, I will test TealBackup and Botzam and report back who is the winner. I always do a hard reset and clear the memory before I perform a firmwear update. Learned that from my 600.
  15. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #35  
    Hey Fishnetb.. I tried botzam not long ago to my surprise it didnt work.. Lol even after they claimed it would. The funny thing is that during the backup process it actually resets the phone versus others that just error out. After Botzam did this I basically removed it. This is just my FYI. See what it does with your unit
  16. #36  
    Will Backup Buddy restore all the Zlauncher settings I customized?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    Will Backup Buddy restore all the Zlauncher settings I customized?
    Yes.
  18.    #38  
    Well I took the plunge and did a hard reset. Restored with TealBackup and Botzam. Tealbackup did a good job but I had 1 file that didn't restore (had no effect) otherwise everything else was restored. Botzam restored everything with no error messages. So I would say that Botzam is #1, TealBackup #2. Both did a really good job. BackupbuddyVFS and Backupman are not even close.
  19.    #39  
    Update, after 2 days since I restored with Botzam I get a soft resets after I hotsync. The log refers to a database error. I assume that something got corrupted after the restore. I did a hard reset and restored with TealBackup, with a back up I did the same time as Botzam before the test, and the resets have disappeared. No problems so far. I would cautiously give the # 1 position to TealBackup.
  20. #40  
    I'd be curious to hear what BackupBuddy is not restoring. I have used it on my 650 exclusively, and it has worked great every time. I've probably restored with it a dozen times.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions