1.    #1  
    I've sent this feature request to Alan at geekandproud since the keycaps650 application is as close to this as I can find. But I thought it might just as well to offer this to anyone who feel up to the task.

If anyone can build an application like this you will get most of use non english speaking users on their list of favorite applications. Treo 650 is launched bigtime in Sweden this month!

* Make an option to disable the replace of every singel "i" I type. This is really annoying and I have been living with this since my 270 and I can still not believe that it's not an option i pref. "i" means "in" in Swedish, and we keep it in lowercase.

* Make the double click do a custom replace like this: double o becomes an , double k becomes an and so on. This will save me 6 keystrokes on any non 7-bit char and with all the typing I do in Swedish that's allot! (Can also work by holding the key down a while)

I will betatest and donate cash if needed!!

Thanks, Rickard.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    sweden, take a look at shortcut5. It'll allow you to make .i = i, and .o = , etc. The unfortunate shortcut app that comes with teh Treo requires WAY too many keystrokes to get to the shortcut. Shortcut5 is easy, and with the ability to program some macros too, it's really powerful.
  3.    #3  
    Great application, but not exactly what I was looking for. The question is still out there.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    Quote Originally Posted by swedenliketreo
    I've sent this feature request to Alan at geekandproud since the keycaps650 application is as close to this as I can find. But I thought it might just as well to offer this to anyone who feel up to the task.

If anyone can build an application like this you will get most of use non english speaking users on their list of favorite applications. Treo 650 is launched bigtime in Sweden this month!

* Make an option to disable the replace of every singel "i" I type. This is really annoying and I have been living with this since my 270 and I can still not believe that it's not an option i pref. "i" means "in" in Swedish, and we keep it in lowercase.

* Make the double click do a custom replace like this: double o becomes an , double k becomes an and so on. This will save me 6 keystrokes on any non 7-bit char and with all the typing I do in Swedish that's allot! (Can also work by holding the key down a while)

Thanks, Rickard.
    You're kiding me - Telia* shops sell the Treo but don't even have it on display. I bought mine from Phone Warehouse and the sales person waited until I bought the phone to show his disrespect for someone not buying a SE-P910i. Hiw did you hear about the 650 advertising - I haven't seen it anywhere.

-Swinger

*For the rest of you, Sweden commerce supports mostly monopolies. There are very few of any stores but Telia (largest carier) and Phone Warehouse (largest phone-only store, I think) were the only places to stock the T600.
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Got an email from Palm the 10th (in Swedish) telling me that in 5 days (the 15th) I will not be needing an computer to read my e-mails. So it looks like they are bundling Snappermail in Sweden. Also Computer Sweden had an review of the 650 last friday.

But I agree, Ericsson tends to get most sales. However, if you're a palmfreak, then 650 is the only way to go.

(For any developer out there, this is TWO people from Sweden needing this app)
    Unlocked GSM 680
    Quote Originally Posted by swedenliketreo

Thanks, Rickard.
    To disable the automatic capitalization of the 'i', I would suggest trying a PalmOS app that does not use the standard PalmOS text fields. Maybe WordSmith. I don't know how this feature is implemented but I bet it only works when app uses the standard text field widgets.

For the second item, I would suggest trying ShortCut5

- Mark (developer of ShortCut5)
  7.    #7  
    I'm using shortcut5 and it works really great. My only problems is when entering web-addresses. But that's something I have to accept.

Also I have some problems with captital letters. I can define shourtcuts, but they get replaces by the lowercap-letter.

Thanks, Rickard.
    Unlocked GSM 680