Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Greetings,

I have released a public beta of TMP, a list-style appointment viewer/manager that scrolls seamlessly. The app is currently in beta and while it is for Palm OS in general and not specific to the Treo, it would be really nice to be able to obtain feedback on it from Treo 600/650 users.

http://www.lilredspider.com/TMP/Treo650a.jpg

If you are interested in trying the beta, you can download it at http://www.LilRedSpider.com/TMP/.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon
    getting it now, does it use the new calendar databases or the old legacy db's?
    Right off the bat I would suggest better d-pad support for stylus free navigation if you want to appeal to treo users. I like the look.
  4.    #4  
    Regarding the database - unfortunately no, it currently has no knowledge of the PDat database. I have seen several developers on the PalmOne forums asking for details of the new database and/or an API, but so far I have not seen any sign of either one yet.

If and when they do release details, I would be absolutely keen on supporting the new fields.

Regards,
    Simon
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Right off the bat I would suggest better d-pad support for stylus free navigation if you want to appeal to treo users. I like the look.
    Thanks!

It currently does have basic (and non-customizable) support for the 5-way nav - center button to select an event, center button again to open the details dialog; up/down buttons scroll the selection or the page (if no item selected), left/right buttons scroll by event (left exits the selection if an item was selected). At least that's how it works in the simulator!

I will take note of the item for a future version, in the meantime if you have specifics of where D-pad support is lacking now or how it could be improved please let me know on the board or e-mail me - I would appreciate it.

Thanks again and regards,
    Simon

mailto:simon@LilRedSpider.com
    The navigation for events works well. Maybe consider adding navigation to the bottom row. Also integration for showing emails, missed calls, sms's would be welcomed by treo users.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, noted. Thanks much.

Regards,
    Simon
    My pleasure...is there an option to add a task within the application?
  9.    #9  
    No, but if I have my way that will make it into the very next version.

Edit: I meant the next version after the initial release, *not* next after the beta. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    WOW..I download it and already the FIRST screen is EXACTLYwhat I have been looking for! I have a lot of 'free-all-day-events' and they show at the top in smaller font and different color above all 'real' appointments. Wonderful!

What then? It scrolls to next and previous days letting me scroll up and down my week effortlessly. Loving it!!

What would I like to see changed?

* Full support for Treo's 5waynav keys

* A larger "Today" icon as I right now need to use a stylus to quickly go back to 'today'

* And this is the biggest one: I can't seem to find the "Location" field (when the event is pulled from Outlook. For this to be completely useful for me it would have to have the ability to also display 'where' I am supposed to be for an event..
    (And I can't use the 'workaround' to include the location in paranthesis at the end of the event description as most events/meetings are scheduled by someone else but me..

* I would love a 'weekday bar' like in Wassup at top of the screen where you see 'where' in the week you are and you can directly jump to a weekday to display.

* When scrolling down with the down key I would like it even more if it always moved the next day to the top of the screen - and not like now which seems to be 'the next day that is not fully displayed on the current screen'. Maybe a preference option
    Oh and a preference setting to launch it on powerup if it's been X minutes (yes, just like wassup.. ).
  12.    #12  
    Hi Tiffany,

Thanks very much for the compliments (and believe me, this being in beta and my very first shareware app.. means a lot at this stage) and suggestions.

Incidentally, in development I considered making the 'dot' control into a big TODAY button instead - I'll rethink it.

The preference settings for scrolling by day and launching are entirely possible.

The location field - I really wish I could have support for it. Hopefully PalmOne will release the information for the extended fields some day and I will be able to.

Edit: PocketMirror (chapura.com) will automatically append the location information from Outlook to the end of the appointment description using parenthesis, so that might be an option in the meantime.

Regards,
    Simon
    Last edited by SAkp; 03/15/2005 at 09:23 PM.
    Is there an option to only display days which have appointments? If I have a gap in appointments it would be nice to be able to see only those days that have something scheduled. If this doesn't currently exist would it be possible to implement it?
    Simon,

Looks good. Here's what I'd like to see:

1. A note icon if the appointment has a note attached to it. Now you have to guess whether is have a note or not.

2. The same goes for "Task" assuming you can select the task to get the note.

3. Time and Battery Display. I would like to see an option in preferences to have the time and/or the battery indicator displayed on the bottom task bar. Right now it's an unused black rectangle.

4. 5 way nav button enabled. I hate using my stylus.

Tks in advance
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Simon,

Now that I've have time to use your app, I entered 3 appointments with alarms directly into TMP. Only one alarm of the three went off. The visual displayed on all three but not sound on the two of them.
    Tks
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03/11/2005 at 01:24 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecccc
    Is there an option to only display days which have appointments? If I have a gap in appointments it would be nice to be able to see only those days that have something scheduled. If this doesn't currently exist would it be possible to implement it?
    The option to skip no-appointment days is in the wish list, and in fact was slated in the early design and prototype. Unfortunately it turns out there are some potential code size and performance problems and I ultimately opted to leave it out in the initial version.

I will add your comment to the wish list item and hopefully can review it for a future version.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon
    Eliminate the need for the stylus and I'm hooked.

I especially like the closable window for viewing tasks or calendar. A nice-to-have would be to split that window to show tasks on one side and one month on the left. as a third option along with the 2-month view and the task-only view.
    5-way or keyboard shortcuts work for me. Others may prefer a more fully-integrated 5-way.
  19.    #19  
    TurboTiger,

The note, task and alarm icons per event/task item is in the works. If I can hazard a guess it should be version 1.3 or sooner. I also want to make each icon optional so for instance, I can have it show only the note icons if that's what suits.

Regarding the alarm issues you saw, if you could let me know more details including the sequence of the steps you did and whether the problem is reproducible - that would be great. Post here or e-mail me.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon
    sakp@LilRedSpider.com
  20.    #20  
    shopharim,

Thanks. I have noted your suggestions - especially, more complete support of the 5-way is looking like it should be on the radar for a future release.

Regards,
    Simon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast