1.    #1  
    I'm trying to start from total scratch with this mac and 650.

I can't figure out how to uninstall plam desktop software, using the 650 cd, there is no uninstall option.

What to do?

Do I just search for palm in finder and delete everything I find.

I'm using address book and have backed that up...

trying to do a hard reset on 650 and start from the beginning...
    I'd like to find this out too. It seems like the palm files are all over the place. Are you wanting to also scrap the hotsync manager, etc. and are you wanting to put this stuff back on after you get rid of it or All palm..all gone?
  3.    #3  
    I figured it out, you have to download palm desktop 4.2.1 from palmone (say you have a palm v or something) and that will have the uninstaller.

I had to run it 2 or 3 times to get rid of everything (pointing it to the root of my system to uninstall) then still did a search for palm to delete anything left.

When I reinstalled plam software from 650 cd, it still suggested smokey as my username, but I'm assuming it took that from my shortname for the system and moved forward..so far no problems. only one soft reset when using contacts very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke
    I figured it out, you have to download palm desktop 4.2.1 from palmone (say you have a palm v or something) and that will have the uninstaller.

I had to run it 2 or 3 times to get rid of everything (pointing it to the root of my system to uninstall) then still did a search for palm to delete anything left.
    That's a good idea. I searched my hard drive multiple times for "Palm", "hotsync", "conduit", etc. to find and delete all of the Palm items. Then I repaired permissions on my hard drive, restarted and did NOT install Palm. Instead, I installed MissingSync, then iSync, and finally the iSyncPalm Conduit http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120221 . I then added DocumentstoGo and SplashID conduits.

I am running much better than I did before. Maybe that will help.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    wow that's odd. i was trying to not install palm, but when i went to install the conduit, it said i needed to have palm installed
    Macuser,
    Just curious, why did you decide to go with missing sync? I just tried e2scyc primarily because it supports entourage. Looks like miss sync does a bit more..but may be (from the posts)more buggy?
    I can't say Missing Sync is or isn't buggy for sure as the Treo has been buggy, but I don't think it's the MS. I like the iPhoto and iTunes support. I also hate using Hotsync. Also, I can mount my SD card to move files fast if I don't want to take out my card reader.

I heard a lot of good things about MS and their updates, so I went with it.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650