1.    #1  
    I don't know if this should go in the hardware or the software section. I'm going to start here; please let me know if should be elsewhere.

I just got a new 650 to replace my aging TT. I installed the 650 desktop software and did the initial sync without problem or incident (renamed the Backup directory so no software was initially installed on the device).

I've synced a couple of times since then, and each time I'm getting an error message in the Hotsync Log that says, "Some handheld records were not copies to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a Hotsync operatoin again."
    Desktop = xxx, Handheld = yyy
    Some PC records were not copied to the handheld. Your handheld may be full. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = xxx, Handheld = yyy

xxx is one more than yyy.

So, it's telling me it can't send Contacts either direction, which doesn't make any sense. There's over 15M free on the 650, and I have tens of gig free on the desktop. Not only that, I haven't touched any contacts since the initial sync (only an hour ago), so I don't know why it's trying to sync at all anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Treo 650 Cingular
    PalmOne Desktop 4.1.4 on XPSP2
    How much free space is on the handheld?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dang
    How much free space is on the handheld?
    Quoting from my original email, "There's over 15M free on the 650".
    I know this is basic, but have you tried a soft reset on the Treo, and a reboot on the PC?

I've had this happen to me a couple of times on my 600, but not since I got my 650, I don't think. As I recall, I generally got around simply by hotsyncing again, but it doesn't sound like that's going to work for you.

Have you added or changed contacts on the Treo since your initial sync? If not, you might try syncing again with "desktop overwrites handheld (assuming the desktop has MORE records than the handheld).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I know this is basic, but have you tried a soft reset on the Treo, and a reboot on the PC?
    Yes, it didn't help.
    If not, you might try syncing again with "desktop overwrites handheld (assuming the desktop has MORE records than the handheld).
    I've tried both Desktop overwrites Handheld and Handheld overwrites Desktop. That didn't help either, i.e. I had the errors in the log both times (interestingly, I had *both* error messages both times, which really doesn't make sense).

Thanks,

Vince
    I am afflicted with the same symptoms above. Many successful syncs in the past month, then I go an add some small pics to contacts on the desktop, and walla, hangs up every time during a sync when it gets to contacts. then I have to end process on desktop for hotsyn.exe and palm.exe, unplug treo and wait.............for awhile. but the treo does not reset(but both treo and pc show same errors and msgs as above). I am considering reinstalling desktop w/ hard reset along with but would like to avoid it. must be something that will fix the contact syncing issue, please help!

ps 11mb free in ram gigs in pc, versamail w/ gmail be a culprit?
    By chance, what is the image format of the contact images ( jpg, tiff, bmpm etc)?
    the pics were jpgs(does palm desktop shrink larger jpgs to fit on handheld?), today I set handheld to overwrite contacts but synchronize w/ calendar and todo etc.... successful hot sync.(partial cheer) then I added two small photos set contacts to synchro, bam..hung at the hot sync. (boo) had to shut down computer. tmrw I will del photos try to sync again. what pic format should work?, my old t615 clie never had any issues like this. it will remain a mystery until tmrw.
    don't paste pics that are larger than 320x240 into palm desktop for contacts. or it will make your treo hang.