1.    #1  
    What's a better way to store the phone for three weeks where it will see no activity whatsoever.

1. Keep it plugged in.

or

2. Let the battery die all the way.

It says that when the battery dies it won't lose the memory, but wondering how long the internal battery that holds the memory will go for.
    Quote Originally Posted by scavynger
    wondering how long the internal battery that holds the memory will go for
    There is no internal battery. The memory is non-volatile, so it won't lose anything if the battery goes completely dead. That's the benefit of the new NVFS.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I will take out the battery if you are going to store it for 3 weeks.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I agree - take out the battery. Lithium-Ion batteries self-discharge anyway, but it will do so slower if removed.
    where are you going that you wont need a phone for 3 weeks?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Leave it on the charger. There is no reason to allow the battery to discharge. THere is a charging circuit in phones today that will not allow you to over-charge the battery.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    WELL....there ya have it....CLEAR CUT ANSWERS.

Decided what to do?
  8.    #8  
    haha...hmmm....i'm thinking i like the first idea better, to take the battery out and let it just die down.
    google iPod & batteries I think apple have a definitive suggestion regarding storage, I seem to recall something about storage at ~40% battery charge? actually here it is from http://ipodbatteryfaq.com/
    Q: Is it okay to leave the iPod in the dock, or otherwise attached to external power, for extended periods of time?
    A1: Yes. The iPod's circuitry will no longer charge the battery once it is determined to be full, even if the iPod is still attached to external power.
    A2: This can also be a more complicated issue. Lithium ion batteries age faster when stored at full charge. If your usage of the iPod consists almost exclusively of use while plugged in for extended periods of time such as weeks or months, and very limited usage from the battery, the battery is essentially always in a charged state. A fully charged lithium ion battery ages at a faster rate than a lithium ion battery at the optimum storage capacity of approximately 40%. However, keeping an iPod battery near this optimum storage capacity can prove difficult to manage. A lithium ion battery also ages from use, as well as from storage, so the aging effects of constant use of the battery in order to keep the charge closer to 40%, versus constant use while attached to external power, come close to being even.
    Someone else on the forum may offer comments as to the relative relevance of this to the Treo.
    let a friend use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgdoc
    let a friend use it!
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!!

Friends don't let friends use Blackberry's.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Its a PDA even if your going where you cant use the phone, download games or othe thing you could use to occupy time.

RJ
    Its a PDA even if your going where you cant use the phone, download games or othe thing you could use to occupy time. Id take it with me.

RJ
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ARE YOU MAD???!!!

Why not make it 28 Days and check yourself into rehab and go cold turkey. Write a book about how you kicked your habit. David Crosby will write a folk song about your bravery.

I get the willies just thinking about one day without my 650. <shudder>
    One whole DAY without my 650? I left it home once accidentally for a 10 minute trip to the corner store for a carton of milk and I was traumatized! I had nothing to read while in the checkout line. And what if someone IM'd me? It's INSTANT Message, not "when I get home in 10 minutes" Message!

<deep breath...>
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    One whole DAY without my 650? I left it home once accidentally for a 10 minute trip to the corner store for a carton of milk and I was traumatized! I had nothing to read while in the checkout line. And what if someone IM'd me? It's INSTANT Message, not "when I get home in 10 minutes" Message!

<deep breath...>
    i concur, i even have it when im watching movies at the house at night, just incase i want to browse, email or just look up the hot actresses in the movie on the www
    mt