Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For most 650 users, we still have tons of issues even with the updates from the 600. Personally, I rather have the screen res of the 650 and keep the 600. I had a movie and voice recorder before already anyway. Many users have complained that the 650 is slow compared to the 600, even with the upgraded processesor -- from the time it takes to dial a contact, and sometimes from app to app, we get the annoying white screen lag. The camera just looks better because of the high res screen, but the quality isn't a huge leap foward at all from the 600. And not to mention, the constant resets. Yeah, but other than that, its a great phone right? And I wont even talk about the fact that you now have to throw most of your 600 accessories out the window and buy upgrades for the apps you had on the 600.

I envy the bastards that don't have these issues.

If it wasnt for the shadowmite, the phone would probably have been returned.
    Even though some of what you say is true you're gonna get slammed for this post...

I feel sorry for you...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have just wasted thirty seconds of my life reading another "this phone sucks" thread.

I know, I know, no one forced me to read it... I'm a sucker.
  4.    #4  
    Slam me. I bet I'll get more agreements than diagreements. I'm just flaming on the known issues. Add to my list if I'm missing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeeboy51
    Add to my list if I'm missing anything.

Here's my list from a previous post...

----

You're running the same code as everyone else so you have the same bugs...

1. If you're running the CDMA you will have delays, kb lights stays blaring and can't be turned off or dimmed. (can be hacked off with a few apps but you should'nt have to buy an app to do somthing the OS should natively that was in the past model T600)
    Also it seems they addressed the blarring kb in the GSM unlocked version but at the same time you lost the function of the side keys to stop the ringer

2. You will also have the bluetooth problems with all versions I believe

3. Versamail is buggy and crashes, I've read some did exstensive work and fixed their's (which they shouldn't have to do, it should work with better quaility than apps you have to buy like chatter and snapper being that it's OEM)

4. Your call log defaults on cancel, some say they like this better, I'm sure it wasn't intentional as it annoys most people I know, and if it's addressed in a later code release that will confirm it as an oversight.

5. NVFS...

The above list are *some* of things that MUST affect you as you're running the same code as everyone, there are more look around...So again I call BS to anyone who says they have NO PROBLEMS.

The only way you cannot have these issues is if you're running new code *NOT YET* released from P1 which means you would work for P1, and last I recall no one here works for P1. (even though half the people here act like it )

For the record I also have a *good unit* with no ramdom resets or problems of the sort, but like you and everyone else, I still have all the bugs listed above...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    huh - no problems for me. Guess you're envying me. Sorry.
    relax yourself. In the US we don't have many options for smartphones...yet.
    http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/ima...61279558506294

guess what,this doesn't have wifi...dumb
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09

Here's my list from a previous post...

----

For the record I also have a *good unit* with no ramdom resets or problems of the sort, but like you and everyone else, I still have all the bugs listed above...
    Lucky *******. Yeah all those problems. BTW, I have a sprint unit.

One more issue to add is the random wakeups.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    relax yourself. In the US we don't have many options for smartphones...yet.
    http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/ima...61279558506294

guess what,this doesn't have wifi...dumb
    The closest thing to having wifi is using the Reverse Dun method that I believe treojunkie discovered.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=mac

Another plus for the 650 with shadowmites hacks. But still....
    Sounds like you and tundy ought to team up. You can be the second snowflake...
    One more issue to add is the random wakeups.
    Good one^^^

Actually half of the problem with the 650 is the way it seems to interact with the radio, the radio takes full control of the device at times when it shouldn't (the reason for a lot of slow down, white screens.. ), it seems to be a major flaw the way they wrote the OS to interact with the radio...

The closest thing to having wifi is using the Reverse Dun method that I believe treojunkie discovered.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=mac

Another plus for the 650 with shadowmites hacks. But still....
    If you have to hook up to a pc to do it, you might as well browse on the pc, no?

13.    #13  
    Very true. But while I'm in a meeting, I can connect to my work computer and check mail or do whatever if I get bored. Its not super useful, but just an added lil bonus. And again, its the next closest thing to wifi until the wifi sled comes out (am i behind?)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    My factory stereo in my tacoma sucked. I bought an in dash dvd head unit. My stock tires sucked and I felt were not big enough so I lifted the truck and slapped big Pro Comps on. Stock keyless entry setup so basic, bought high end alarm with remote start. Now it doesn't suck. My point is that we spend alot of money on our " stuff " ......including our cell phones. Out of the factory most of our stuff we feel can always be better so we buy " extras. " It just so happens our extra stuff for our 650 is an extension of what we would have done to our 650's ANYWAY. And if it is a small price to pay for a few extras to make our 650's not suck anymore, then so be it. My Sprint 650 doesn't suck. Thank you.
  15.    #15  
    i envy you ehosey2. But asides from the cost of upgrades, the cost of the phone lagging and resets and other internal issues is something that most of us are stuck with and cannot buy extras to make it better. Wanna trade? haha. I'm just hatin bc i watch my phone reset like at least twice a day and wonder....wtf.
    If you only posted this sooner, before I bought one today..................

Who am I kidding, I would have just ignored you, and still bought it
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    If you only posted this sooner, before I bought one today..................

Who am I kidding, I would have just ignored you, and still bought it
    I would have bought it too. hahaha. Its just a love/hate relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    huh - no problems for me. Guess you're envying me. Sorry.
    Ditto.....

Jimee, do you have a ton of apps installed? These things are more computer than phone.... I'm sure you get random crashes, spyware, popups, viruses, etc. on your computer when installing lots of new software, stuff still in beta, etc.. So your computer sucks too right? Well the Treo is a computer!

Gotta be gentle with these Treos and treat them the same way. Be careful with installing stuff, deleting files, playing with random software, whatever.

The standard nokia or flip phone is basically like a computer "kiosk". It does one thing -- be a phone.... No ability for users to mess around with them and screw em up. That's why they seem to work better than Treos..

e.g. an Xbox -- just like your home computer, but no popups, crashes, viruses, etc -- because it only does one thing - game playing "kiosk"..

If your unit is resetting out of the box, then ya got an issue -- try exchanging it for a new one.
  19.    #19  
    Yeah, but it bugs me more just comparing it with my old 600. It seemed more stable with the same apps on there. I kept my PC clear of viruses tho and it ran pretty damn efficient, but I'm on a Mac now and its running just as well. Anyway, thats another story.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    It was a rough start I will admit. On day 2 of owning my 650, I spent 2 hours with Sprint tech support fixing Versa Mail but didn't give up hope, and you shouldn't either. I have a 650 that works very well because of what has been stated by many. It is the fact that you have to spend a bit of time reading these forums to figure out why certain problems occur, and to try a fix for it. Be patient when adding new 3rd party apps and know that if a reset occurs, it most likely is the app causing it. Yeah....it does cost a bit of money for some stuff. I got a 1G SD card and have no more memory issues. Cost a factor....buy a 256 or 512 to start. Of course there are issues with my 650. It still resets periodically when using Blazer. The speaker phone volume could be better. But the overall experience of owning a 650 is a great experience over time. Just be patient, learn about your phone, or turn it in for another 650...maybe you just had a bad unit, and don't give up. I can't comment on a GSM 650 but the " fix " for us CDMA users will be here shortly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast