Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not just plain NO, but no fk'n way! Either most people replying to this have few problems with their 650 or they're overlooking them. Either way, unfortunately, P1 sees that and says, "hey, why bother working the bugs out - they'll buy them anyway. Who needs R&D?!"
    I've pondered this question myself, and now that I've had it for almost a month, my answer is absolutely.

There simply isn't another device that can do everything the Treo can do...and trust me, when there are comparable devices on the market ill take a good look at them...but until then its the treo all the way.

There are a few things that have really pissed me off...namely the fact that I still can't get a cradle unless I pony up 60 bucks to palm ( and are these things even shipping or once again on backorder?? )
    1 | 2
  3. rlb
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Yes
    I got mine for free! Of course I would!
    Yes! My first 650 was a turd. I returned it for the one I have now. This one is rock solid!
  6.    #46  
    Thanks for the replies. I continue to read all the posts (which are mostly negative, skewed I realize, but still negative) and have decided to wait until a patch comes out for all carriers and see what the results are. Thanks again for your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    Not just plain NO, but no fk'n way! Either most people replying to this have few problems with their 650 or they're overlooking them. Either way, unfortunately, P1 sees that and says, "hey, why bother working the bugs out - they'll buy them anyway. Who needs R&D?!"
    I've had mine for 10 days. As much as I want to love it...I've got reservations and I'm tired of the constant resets. And, it's barely an audible phone for goodness sakes! Adios....Hello Zire 72 and good 'ole cell phone.
    Nice hardware, but if you're a no-nonsense, busy individual... I'd wait for patches to come out.
    In a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I continue to read all the posts (which are mostly negative, skewed I realize, but still negative) and have decided to wait until a patch comes out for all carriers and see what the results are. Thanks again for your thoughts.
    I'd love to see a breakdown of how many of those with problems fall into one of the following categories:

1. Got a BAD 64k card
    2. Upgraded from old phone and transferred all their programs and data over at once instead of installing everything fresh and 1 at a time.
    3. Got slammed by one or more 3rd party apps not yet ready for Treo.
    4. Bum unit outta the box and returned for satisfactory unit.
    5. Only have 1.5 MB free memory.
    6. No explanation as yet
    7. Whatever I may have forgotten to add to this list.
    I would definitely buy the 650 again.
    Last edited by rtrider; 03/12/2005 at 04:54 PM.
    No, I would not.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    P1 sees that and says, "hey, why bother working the bugs out - they'll buy them anyway. Who needs R&D?!"
    I certainly hope P1 does not determine Quality Control Plans by reading treocentral threads

Yes, I would buy again - maybe I'll read the installation guide first this time
    If many of you are truly interested in getting changes made to the 650, getting patches out and being heard, visit treo650update.com. The petition page (the voting part) will be operational as of Friday, March 18.

We will work hard on reciprocating links out there and getting high SE rankings, but the most important thing, I think, will be that the results will be emailed to PalmOne on a weekly basis as a constant reminder.

Thanks in advance for working with us TreoCentral, I believe you truly do care about the future of this company/equipment.
    That would be a yes. Since I did a hard reset, I have only had 1 reset in 4 or 5 days.

Soft resets are a minor nuisance, and I've never lost any data. But I still wish they would fix it. I haven't used bluetooth yet. I'm looking forward to Cingular officially supporting DUN so I can tether this baby. If necessary, I will use shadowmite's DUN hack in the meantime. Haven't needed it yet.

As far as memory, I load most everything on my 256 MB SD card, and I have always had plenty so far. I currently have 20 MB of memory available.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 03/13/2005 at 08:00 AM.
    damm right i would buy it again
    Yes, I would.

My last Nokia cellphone reset just as much... maybe more...
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    If many of you are truly interested in getting changes made to the 650, getting patches out and being heard, visit treo650update.com. The petition page (the voting part) will be operational as of Friday, March 18.

We will work hard on reciprocating links out there and getting high SE rankings, but the most important thing, I think, will be that the results will be emailed to PalmOne on a weekly basis as a constant reminder.

Thanks in advance for working with us TreoCentral, I believe you truly do care about the future of this company/equipment.
    Troll
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  19.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Troll
    Do you follow Tundy around?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast