My needs were established by the 600.

Here were my 600 gripes:
    1. Screen
    2. Too slow
    3. Buttons cramped
    4. GPRS was sluggish (no EDGE)
    5. Not as easy to sync to Outlook as I thought
    6. Camera was crappy

So, if you were happy with a 600 then you'll be more than happy with the 650. To help you better, tell us exactly what you want to do. That way, perhaps we can work thru the potential problems. That's something I would have asked and fortunately I've worked out my bugs with the 650 like the 600. They are the same amount if you ask me.

The biggest worry I have is Bluetooth. I use the headset all the time, are there still Bluetooth issues? Also, I surf the net on my iPaq through my cell, but the "edge" I have is painfully slow, how is the speed? Have you encountered issues with the lack of memory? Finally, what's the deal with the resets? Are they software related? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by geatches; 03/10/2005 at 08:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    as I am standing here waiting for the bus rockin out to the Highlander movie soundtrack in Pocket Tunes (Queen... for the headless...) reading my email, checking the status of a pesky server and reading Treo Central, not just 'Yes' but 'Hell Yes!!'
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    two more things... resets aren't as random as they appear, think of it as the Treo shaking out somw cobwebs... when it's memory gets 'chunked'. Bluetooth works ok... not everthing (like printing....) but all the headsets I've tried so far have been fine.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Absolutely!! The only resets I encounter are related to SSL and Chatter (which should be mostly fixed in the latest release, BTW). I think my Treo has more than paid for itself by allowing me to carry only 1 device rather than the 3 I was carrying before. I do wish it had more main memory, but the SD card is a semi-acceptable solution.
    <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR=BLUE><PRE>
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Palm Tungsten C \<br> RIM 950 > palmOne Treo 650<br>Nokia ? -> Nokia ? -> Nokia ? -> Moto V60 -> Moto V600 /
    </PRE></FONT>
    Bluetooth headsets are awesome. I did my research on treocentral and it looks like everyone seemed more or less happy with one of two sets. I forgot the exact name but I ordered mine yesterday with the slicsound gel earpieces too. Just do a search on the forums for best bluetooth set.

Wireless internet was quite slow on my T-Mobile Treo 600. It served my needs for sure but it wasn't until I got a Cingular Treo 650 that I noticed a signficant increase in speed. Dslreports.com's mobile section was showing me running at 70-100kps so apparently at EDGE speeds. Plus, Blazer loads pages more efficiently than the 600's Blazer.

Resets from my experience were do to a dirty upgrade and SIM card. They are as far and few as you are able to research poorly compatible programs. I changed my SIM card, adjusted my treo clock speed, and manually loaded programs 2 or 3 at a time after a hard reset. Pain in the ***, but if you do it at least once then you can possibly remove a malignant reset program that would be bothersome for your treo's life.

Physician User

Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    The biggest worry I have is Bluetooth. I use the headset all the time, are there still Bluetooth issues? Also, I surf the net on my iPaq through my cell, but the "edge" I have is painfully slow, how is the speed? Have you encountered issues with the lack of memory? Finally, what's the deal with the resets? Are they software related? Thanks for the help.
    100% Yes. I've had several different Blackberry devices in the past including the 7100t and the Treo 650 blows them all out of the water. I had one minor glitch, but that was Cingular's fault. Absolutely would buy the 650 over and over again.
    I LOVE this phone! Absolutely!
    Absolutely !!!
    WITHOUT HESITATION!

If you're worried about a bluetooth headset, give the Cardo Scala-500 a try. Has worked great for me; sound quality is very good; comfortable (doesn't hurt your ear like most "in the ear" headsets). Don't be scared off by the rants on this board - I'm sure there are problems with some units, but if you look closely, so many of them are software conflicts. Given the number of units that have been sold, the total number of complainers on this board are a drop in the bucket.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I think its rediculous that people gripe so much about their treo 650's. At an average price of $500 its practically a bargain for a smartphone! People spend close to a thousand dollars on other comparable smartphones. I welcome the soft resets with open arms!!

In short, YES.
    Yah Buddy!
    Absolutely... Best Smartphone I ever owned!
    Add another Yes
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Yeah.

:shortcut:
    Nokia???? -> 270 -> 650
    Oh fosho!!
    In a New York minute!
    It is hard to belive so many people will buy this phone again when so many threads are about complains and problems with treo 650. Maybe all other phones are not even compareable to treo.
    you see problems, because people are trying to figure out what few they each have. Piled on top of each other it seems like a lot.

I'd buy mine 10x's over. Its one of my prized possessions
    My wife & I love our 650s. We still have our 600s which are fine but, the 650 is superior. Since we travel & have a home overseas in Indonesia, we're getting an unlocked GSM.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast