1.    #1  
    I brought this up I think for the Treo 650: how about software that will allow us to use our Treo 650 as an answering machine. A call comes in & either after a predetermined amount of rings or after the user presses a button onscreen that says "call screen". Then the call is "answered" automatically but instead of you talking, a message plays like an answering machine, then this message is saved to internal or sd card. This is a great way to "screen" your calls like a home phone. It seems easy enough. The call comes in & if it is sent to the answering machine, the mute button is automatically enabled & your message plays. This is almost a feature in lightwav, callshield, et al. You could even select certain calls to go directly to the answering machine (business, personal, or specific contacts). Come on people this is a gold mine!
  2.    #2  
    bump
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I'm sure no such thing exists, there doesn't seem to be any direct interface between phone audio i/o and the Palm portion of the phone, it can just route stuff to the jack/speakers/whatever.

And also no one has had the inclination to create such an app because our service provider's voicemail works better for 99%+ of users.
    Ignore button
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
  5.    #5  
    do you read the post before you post your own jerky-driver? well duh! of course the ignore button ignores the call & sends it to voicemail. I'm speaking of an answering machine program that is on the treo... anyway, i digress because there would be no way to record the callers message unless it's on speakerphone. oh well
    It's diver not driver learn to read as well
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Verizon have these feature in their LG phone. I think its a nice to have cuts down on the additional call to the phone mailbox for users with limited minutes.

Please refrain from personal attacks or non contributory posting.
  8.    #8  
    ok miniie driver. Iwill be sad as you ignore me. I had a special place in my heart for you. Good luck to you in the future
    This would be a great feature. I have had just about every palm phone and was always surprised that it could not do this, especially the Treo 600 and the Treo 650 with their speakerphone ability. I had a Sanyo 6000, the really skinny Sprint phone, it had this feature built in. We have a unit that can hold a 1gb memory card, why shouldn't the phone pick up and record a conversation? I am no programmer, but I don't think it is that far of a stretch. I am with treoneo, this would be great.
  10.    #10  
    yes I had that exact phone. that feature was great!
    undoubtedly this would be a gr8 feature to have. on the same lines, anyone thought of a way to record your phone converations yet? and i don't want to put on my speakerphone evrytime i want to record a call so that's not a solution for me .
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    How about software that will allow us to use our Treo 650 as an answering machine. A call comes in & either after a predetermined amount of rings or after the user presses a button onscreen that says "call screen". Then the call is "answered" automatically...
    This is an awesome function. Even my crappy Sanyo 4900 had this... it's kinda sad Treo lacks it. (Great for unrecognized numbers or blocked caller ids that you may actually want to pick up...)

And I'll one-up it. Ideally the Treo would transcribe the message to text so I could scan through it without having to listen to my friends rambling about nothing for 2 minutes before telling me where everyone's meeting up for dinner...