Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do you have any keyboard drivers installed and turned on? "Keyboard.prc"?

I had the same problem until I realized that I left my keyboard driver running in the background. It would turn on the screen whenever it would look for the external keyboard through the IR port. It was pretty random.

Once I turned it off, it hasn't happened again. That was over a week ago...and it had been doing it for a few weeks.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 09/13/2005 at 08:41 AM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    My screen turns on every time it loses the signal with Cingular. It's very annoying having people tell me my phone is on every time I get into an elevator.

It would be nice if someone would come up with a fix for this.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    I have Sprint with the 1.12 update. Without fail whenever I lose the signal the screen turns itself on after it finds/reconnects the cell tower signal. This is very consistent and is the definate trigger that causes the screen to turn on by itself. (Usually it turns off only after the 60 second time out.) This is causing a battery drain problem for me and Palm needs to come out with another update to fix this. We should not have to live with a "work around", some have found, that disables a feature we use.
    Last edited by steveatlanta; 08/11/2005 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Change Cingular to Sprint
    I have a Cingular Treo 650 and mine never did this until I installed the recent upgrade. Now it sits in the cradle all day on my desk turning on and off. I know for a fact that my Cingular connection fluctuates because I've watched over 5 different phones connection bars rise and lower for the past 7 years sitting on my desk (I've also experienced numerous dropped calls just sitting at my desk only to look down and see no connection bars), thus I am speculating this is the issue. I just wonder why its doing now and not before the upgrade. I'm no expert, but perhaps this will provide some information you experts can work with.
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
    Mine turns on whenever out of signal, like a tunnel or concrete building.
    TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One day they say it's the software, the next day they say it's the hardware.
    Oh. then they said it would be fixed in the firmware update. IT WASN'T.
    I had 60% battery before I went to bed woke up and the treo was dead. I have noticed screen waking up throughout day occasionally. Very annoying. Thank goodness I have a second back up battery always charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by zer0gage
    I turned off my network time and the phone hasn't exhibited this behavior since yesterday afternoon. This is great - however... The reason I enabled it in the first place was because my treo looses time (a few minutes each day).

Is there anything I can do about this? I am not running any overclocking or anything like that.
    You can get TimeCopy - it's freeware available at http://vons.free.fr/palm it syncs with your PC clock every time you do a hotsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    I had 60% battery before I went to bed woke up and the treo was dead. I have noticed screen waking up throughout day occasionally. Very annoying. Thank goodness I have a second back up battery always charged.
    My solution above definately fixed the problem for me. It's been over a month and my Treo has been rock solid.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I am a T Mobile customer and my Treo 600 periodically comes on around 0300 hrs. I was chalking it up to the TreoAlarm program causing a glitch.
    Mine does that at 12:09 am every morning and then again at 3:00 am. I got scurred.
    Email apps by Seven, such as Sprints Biz Conn, will cause this for sure. They send out text messages to alert the Treo of a new email. These messages are deleted and are not seen by the user, but will trigger your backlight to come on. I watched my Treo light up upon receiving each and every email message yesterday. I need to submit this to them as a bug, but haven't had a chance to yet.
    Mine wakes up briefly at 3:00 in the morning to do its Snappermail task. The time can be set under the options menu.
    I found this thread that seems to explain my situation. A Palm employee response link. My Sprint Treo constantly wakes up at home due to the weak Sprint signal and strong roam signal. Every time it roams it wakes up when it connects to Sprint signal again. I would think Palm engineering could program it to avoid this behaviour, I have yet to see my wife's Nokia wake up due to an intermittent signal.
    Just frustrated with dealing with a dead battery every month or so because of this "feature".
    Anyone noticed the wake-up problem after installing volume care. I installed the latest version and my 650 was waking up every 30-40 secs.Battery would decrease by 40-50% overnight. I unchecked the back speaker and now I am back to a normal battery life. Other than that I love VC.

BTW, October 7 is the 2nd BD for my 600 (still have it).
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketAddict
    Anyone noticed the wake-up problem after installing volume care. I installed the latest version and my 650 was waking up every 30-40 secs.Battery would decrease by 40-50% overnight. I unchecked the back speaker and now I am back to a normal battery life. Other than that I love VC.

BTW, October 7 is the 2nd BD for my 600 (still have it).
    I can assure you that VolumeCare is not causing this behavior. But are you running a Cingular phone? What might be happening is your phone subsystem may be doing very strange things and causing notifications to be sent out when they should not be sent out. Then applications like VolumeCare interpret these operating system notifications and think the phone is turned on and functioning.

If you are not already running VolumeCare V4.29, please go to this link and load that version and then tell me if this problem stops happening. But again, what youa re seeing is an indication that something is wrong in your Phone and not in VolumeCare.

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=6

(If you are s Cingular customer or even a GSM customer, you probably need a SIM tray replacement. This SIM problem is the cause of many of the things you are experiencing.)

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by steveatlanta
    I found this thread that seems to explain my situation. A Palm employee response link. My Sprint Treo constantly wakes up at home due to the weak Sprint signal and strong roam signal. Every time it roams it wakes up when it connects to Sprint signal again. I would think Palm engineering could program it to avoid this behaviour, I have yet to see my wife's Nokia wake up due to an intermittent signal.
    Just frustrated with dealing with a dead battery every month or so because of this "feature".
    I have a feature in ProfileCare that will detect no signal conditions and automatically shut off the phone's radio for apredetermined time period. Then after this "sleep" time, ProfileCare will wake up the Treo to again search for a signal. This feature stops the extreme battery drain that happens when the Treo searhces for a signal.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I just want to put it out there that the exact same thing is happening with my Treo 700p--it randomly wakes/backlight and keyboard light up intermittently but only when the phone radio is on. I'm almost certain that it's the signal cutting in and out because it happens when it's on my desk which has anywhere from 0 - 2 bars and it fluctuates. So, I feel good about the diagnosis, but what about the treatment?
    Quote Originally Posted by zer0gage
    I turned off my network time and the phone hasn't exhibited this behavior since yesterday afternoon. This is great - however... The reason I enabled it in the first place was because my treo looses time (a few minutes each day).
    Aside from TimeCopy which someone has already mentioned, you may also want to try TimeSyncXT, which is a Hotysnc plugin and doesn't need to have anything installed on the Palm, unlike TimeCopy, which does have to be installed on the Palm.

http://www.handydev.com/en/products/timesyncxt.php

The great thing about it is that once installed, it will update the time for all your Palms (provided you have several).
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12