1.    #1  
    OK Guys,
    For the mac users out there, I was wondering if anyone has a configuration of email, utility, datebook/cal, etc. for there 650 that works well (not alot of resets) and that you like using with your mac. I'd love to find out and I'm sure other newbie mac/treo people would too.

This may have been a thread from awhile back..maybe we can breathe some new life in it since there have been some recent new software updates (missing sync,butler,e2sync, etc.)

I'm using a mac OS 10.3.8 & Sprint barebones treo650.
    I am currently using entourage 2004 on the mac and just the standard datebook, todo list, and memo on the Treo 650. The entourage conduit syncs quickly and without complications to date.

I like snappermail enterprise only because I need IMAP SSL, if I did not need that I would just use versamail.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.
    Have you heard if datebk5 (pimplicosoftware)works ok with the 650 and entourage 2004. Someone mentioned awhile back that datebk wasn't quite there yet for the 650, but I don't know if thats still true or not. I had it a few years back and I really liked some of the features.

Are you using any other programs or in conjunction with ent.conduit for syncing? (photos, sd card data, etc.)
    As far as a desktop interface is concerned, I just use the Palm desktop that came on the 650 cd rather than iCal, etc., absolutely no problems and maintains categories nicely. I purchased MissingSync and it seemed to have a lot of problems (so I removed it), perhaps that has changed. I use a card reader to download large files since the hotsync is rather slow at times.

Stable programs (aside from the standard Palm programs) that sync well with Mac include Splash products (Shopper, ID, Photo, Money), pocket quicken, and DocsToGo (look at their site for tool to move the program to the SD card).

Datebk5 works just fine and no syncing issue since it uses the same database as the Palm calender. Hint -- If you load Datebk5, then also load the PIM removal tool on Pimlico's site so you don't have two calender databases and saves precious Treo memory.

In my experience, Versamail is lousy and caused all kinds of resets until I swithed to Snapper. Snapper has caused no problems. Other programs that have not caused any resets for me include BackupBuddyVFS, Diddlebug, Datebk5, Handzipper, Kinoma, Pocket tunes, Zlauncher, Splash ID, Splash Shopper, and Pocket Quicken.
    Iím using a Cingular T650 and iSync, iCal and Address Book via USB and works quite well... initially I had to reinstall iSync to get it to work after performing a clean install of the Palm software, but since itís work flawlessly.

As far as mail on the treo, Iím using PalmOne Mail which I think comes with the 650 although it may have been synched from my old T600 when I upgraded. I also tried VersaMail which Iím sure came with the 650. They both work well I just prefer Mail.
    It sounds like youíre looking to keep your Mac inbox synched with your T650 so VersaMail may be your choice as it can sync IMAP folders etc... I use it with both my .mac account and a POP3 account w/o any problems.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    As far as a desktop interface is concerned, I just use the Palm desktop that came on the 650 cd rather than iCal, etc., absolutely no problems and maintains categories nicely. I purchased MissingSync and it seemed to have a lot of problems (so I removed it), perhaps that has changed. I use a card reader to download large files since the hotsync is rather slow at times.
    By card reader you mean hardware..right?(pull card out of treo) Which version of missing sync did you get? I want to continue using entourage and misssync seemed to be a cleaner conduit for it..I haven't sync ent./treo yet.

This is a great forum.Thanks for the feedback,
    PRPRPR
    Does anyone know whether any of the PIMs are able to keep track of multiple iCal calendars (I use separate calendars for each member of my family)?
    Bubbler
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    Stable programs (aside from the standard Palm programs) that sync well with Mac include Splash products (Shopper, ID, Photo, Money), pocket quicken, and DocsToGo (look at their site for tool to move the program to the SD card).

Datebk5 works just fine and no syncing issue since it uses the same database as the Palm calender. Hint -- If you load Datebk5, then also load the PIM removal tool on Pimlico's site so you don't have two calender databases and saves precious Treo memory.

In my experience, Versamail is lousy and caused all kinds of resets until I swithed to Snapper. Snapper has caused no problems. Other programs that have not caused any resets for me include BackupBuddyVFS, Diddlebug, Datebk5, Handzipper, Kinoma, Pocket tunes, Zlauncher, Splash ID, Splash Shopper, and Pocket Quicken.
    As far as a desktop interface is concerned, I totally wiped Palm Desktop from my Mac and only installed MissingSync, then iSync and then the Apple Palm Conduit. I've been running MUCH smoother since.

I have an unbranded 650 with the "A" SIM and 1 year contract with Cingular.

Stable programs for me: BackupBuddyVFS, Chatteremail(I love it with my .Mac email) , Directory Assistant, Documents, KeyCaps600, MissingSync(I really like the iPhoto & iTunes support; being able to mount the SD card for a fast upload without the card reader is sweet too), Pocket tunes Deluxe, PowerRun, Splash ID(demoing now, but would love a free and secure alternative), TreoGuard, and VoiceDial from Palm's site (dictating the contact to the phone in the car is huge!)

I used Entourage in the past, but I love having my calendars shared and published with iCal and .Mac. So now I use Apple Mail, Address Book and iCal.

I am demoing Agendus, which has a real nice interface. I love the "7" day view and all the ways you can bring up lists of events or month views.

I would LOVE to hear more on Kinoma vs. MMplayer. I've read & posted lots of times on using Handbrake/QTPro/D-Vision/MactheRipper attempts at quality Treo videos. The problem is that software is getting VERY expensive.

I've never had luck with any version or type of Quicken, but it sounds cool in theory.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I am using IMAP SSL with the VersaMail that came with my Treo 650. I pressed the Advanced button on last page of Account Setup and there is ooption to use secure connection (SSL). Checking that changes the port to 993. I was suprised/impressed that it came with this built-in.

Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I am currently using entourage 2004 on the mac and just the standard datebook, todo list, and memo on the Treo 650. The entourage conduit syncs quickly and without complications to date.

I like snappermail enterprise only because I need IMAP SSL, if I did not need that I would just use versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    As far as a desktop interface is concerned, I totally wiped Palm Desktop from my Mac and only installed MissingSync, then iSync and then the Apple Palm Conduit. I've been running MUCH smoother since.
    Hello all, Im a longtime Mac user but have never thought about the benefits of syncing the personal information on my treo with my Mac computers. So far, I have been running separate contacts and calendars on my treo and on my Mac, its been very tiring trying to keep everything up to date.

Im looking into somehow integrating all my contacts and calendar information fully between my treo and my Mac so that I dont have to try to upkeep iCal, entourage, & Agendus. Which is the best way to achieve this? I noticed MacUser mention MissingSync, but have heard instability issues. Id like to hear some different set-ups from anyone if possible... Thanks!