1.    #1  
    Does AIM, MSN messenger, or yahoo messenger work on the 650??? And also what is Verichat I hear everyone talkin about???
    Verichat enables all 3 on your Treo simultaneously - plus a whole host of other features (flight status, yellow pages, etc.).

You should be able to get the whole scoop at http://www.verichat.com
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...
    Check out Causerie 2.0 as well (http://www.mantragroup.com/causerie.htm)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    There is free Yahoo IM software @ http://www.burmeisterbrown.com
    Thus far, it's worked great for me.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Katway, I am sure you know this but the messages received via the program from burmeisterbrown is treated as an SMS. So be careful using that app unless you already have some sort of SMS plan.

Here is some info from the website:

This product uses SMS for all incoming messages. There are many reasons for this, but foremost is reliability. SMS messages can be received even in areas where you do not have data coverage allowing it to be used as a one-way pager. Plus it is generally fast and as no data connection needs to be maintained, battery life is optimized. If someone sends you a large message (more than will fit in one SMS), however, only an alert is sent to the device and it will open up a data connection to get the real message. It does NOT use SMS for messages you send.
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    Katway, I am sure you know this but the messages received via the program from burmeisterbrown is treated as an SMS. So be careful using that app unless you already have some sort of SMS plan.

Here is some info from the website:

This product uses SMS for all incoming messages. There are many reasons for this, but foremost is reliability. SMS messages can be received even in areas where you do not have data coverage allowing it to be used as a one-way pager. Plus it is generally fast and as no data connection needs to be maintained, battery life is optimized. If someone sends you a large message (more than will fit in one SMS), however, only an alert is sent to the device and it will open up a data connection to get the real message. It does NOT use SMS for messages you send.
    I'm aware of the SMS usage. Note, however, that Sprint doesn't count incoming SMS against your account, which is what the program uses. i'm note sure of the other phone carriers, but I have no issue using this with Sprint.
    Since when does Sprint not count incoming SMS against your account? As far as i know they counted both incoming AND outgoing. Is this something new? Or is it plan specific?

I have the Vision plan for $10 that includes the 100 SMS, but I rarely use SMS and I always end up using at least half... And the site says 100 SMS, doesnt indicate whether its incoming or outgoing... Or am I missing something here?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Since when does Sprint not count incoming SMS against your account? As far as i know they counted both incoming AND outgoing. Is this something new? Or is it plan specific?

I have the Vision plan for $10 that includes the 100 SMS, but I rarely use SMS and I always end up using at least half... And the site says 100 SMS, doesnt indicate whether its incoming or outgoing... Or am I missing something here?
    I guess you're right. SMS usage includes incoming and outgoing. But, I have not had a single SMS deduction using the Yahoo IM program. Perhaps it has something to do with Yahoo IM being free with Sprint Vision. See http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popu...turesPack.html
    Otherwise, I'm at a loss to explain why my SMS account is not deducted when I use the Yahoo IM program from burmeisterbrown.