1.    #1  
    I have a message in red in the lower right corner - it says: "/R to connect".
    What exactly does this mean? Pressing "R" does nothing.
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I think that (/) used to be the symbol on the Treo 300 or 600's menu key. Either way, it means hit menu, type R.

Dunc
  3. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    It is a shortcut. Type 'menu' 'r'. The menu button is the funny shaped one to the right of the five-way button.
  4.    #4  
    The menu key says "menu". It's in the lower right-hand corner of my thumboard.
    Thx.
    Last edited by shneor; 03/10/2005 at 03:33 PM.
    Shneor
  5. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    whoops I thought you had a 650.
    It's called the Command Bar. I wish the newee Treos has it. Like one person said, you can use it like the Menu function. If the menu shows /D for delete, you can just hit the button with the "/" on it and then the "D" and it does the same. Here is were is gets cool. You see that when you hit the command Bar keyam that the command bar pop up comes on the bottomof the screen, there are other things there that you can do, like beam, trash and such. Other apps can add funcions to this too. Also you can do something like...you see a number and there are no functions you can do with it or nothing in the menu. However if you hit the command bar key you will see a cut icon and you can cut that number, then goto the phone app and hit the command bar and hit the paper icon for paste and you can theb dial that number.
    You have to highlight the word/number first. Paper = Copy
    Clip Board = Paste and the Sissors = Cut. Hope this makes sense, if not let me know and I'll try to expalin more. Treo Butler will give this feature to the 600 and/or 650 if you either hold the menu key for 2 seconds or hit the menu and shift at the samw time.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    You have to highlight the word/number first. Paper = Copy
    Clip Board = Paste and the Sissors = Cut. Hope this makes sense, if not let me know and I'll try to expalin more. Treo Butler will give this feature to the 600 and/or 650 if you either hold the menu key for 2 seconds or hit the menu and shift at the samw time.
    Graffiti Anywhere gives the same result if enabled, with a stroke from the lower left to the upper right of the screen.

But back to Chatter, I can get it to send, but I still can't receive. That's with my ISP, who appears to offer IMAP as well as POP. When I connect, it just stays in "wait" indefinitely and as far as I can tell downloads nothing.

Of course, it's possible that I have a screen issue, as my screen is set to white letters on a black background, and Chatter forces a white background. The yellow background on the "sent mail" list also makes the type next to impossible to read.

I'll probably just erase it in a few days.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I have a message in red in the lower right corner - it says: "/R to connect".
    What exactly does this mean? Pressing "R" does nothing.
    Thx.
    I'd like to know WHY I get the message "/R to connect"? Shouldn't Chatter connect all on it's own?