1.    #1  
    I tried a Motorola HS810 with my T650 last night and it's unusable. The voice level is low, but worst of all the connection is very scratchy if the T650 is held more than 2 feet away from the earpiece. I was surprised at how poor the reception was at any distance beyond 2 feet. I would move the phone varying distances during a call with the other person speaking and the reception degraded (ie, became scratchy) rapidly after 2 feet. Has anyone else noticed this in addition to the low volume?
    The volume is a Treo thing. Some headsets compensate better, but the majority of the problem lies with the Treo itself.

I have the 820 and at times get interference if I put the treo in my left front pocket. But I can get out of my car (with Treo still in the car), and pump gas with no interference, and sometimes walk as far as 15-20 feet away.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The volume is a Treo thing. Some headsets compensate better, but the majority of the problem lies with the Treo itself.

I have the 820 and at times get interference if I put the treo in my left front pocket. But I can get out of my car (with Treo still in the car), and pump gas with no interference, and sometimes walk as far as 15-20 feet away.
    so, your 650 and HDS820 work well together? How long does the 820 last on a charge? was the set-up with the 650 difficult?

thanx much,
    riscy
    The pair works okay. The volume is low, if you're driving around in a car, don't think of rolling a window down. Inside my house, it's fine.

As to the charge...hmmmm...I usually charge mine nightly. Can't say exactly how long it's good for. I use it for maybe an hour or two at the most on any given day.

The set up was simple, however you need to keep the button pressed (on the Moto) down until the light says blue to create a partnership. It seems the instructions that came with the Moto left that out, IIRC.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I used my HS810 for the first time today; will most likely return:

(1) Volume is insufficient, except in a very quite environment (not my car); I know this is a Treo issue, but what good is an $80 gadget, when you have to keep saying "Huh?!"

(2) I hate the fact, that to make a call, I have to start it with the phone and then transfer to the headset (i.e. Treo does not support hands-free with this phone). This shouldn't be an issue, except there seems to be a pretty significant lag and I miss the begining of the connection (e.g. voicemail greeting) and I never can really tell for sure if it is going to transfer to the headset - hasn't on a couple of occasions. It will pickup an incomming call with a press of the MF button, no problem.

(3) I think the ThinkOutside keyboard driver might be interfering with the Paring of the HS810. I was not able to get the HS810 to pair, until I removed the KB as a trusted device, then no problem (I am running bt Car patch). I believe this is likely the KB's problem, because the HS810 gets along just fine with my TomTom GPS receiver (SO COOL!); but given (1) & (2), the HS810 looses the popularity contest.

(4) If the above didn't apply, I would'nt think twice about carring yet another charging device, but for a mediocure gadget - NO, make it stop!! Agh!!!! Hey, a little melodrama got William Shatner a pretty good gig!!

If the new palm BT handset really does support handsfree, has adequate volume AND uses the same charger - Happy to wait until in stock.

Just an FYI, as different strokes for different folks - The HS810 is VERY light & comfortable, especially for those that don't like things in their ears (probably also why volume is a little weak), yet it does not "flop around."

If anyone knows of a work-around on the KB-Device issue, might still test a little longer - sent an e-mail to StowAway today. Thanks, Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami

(2) I hate the fact, that to make a call, I have to start it with the phone and then transfer to the headset (i.e. Treo does not support hands-free with this phone). This shouldn't be an issue, except there seems to be a pretty significant lag and I miss the begining of the connection (e.g. voicemail greeting) and I never can really tell for sure if it is going to transfer to the headset - hasn't on a couple of occasions. It will pickup an incomming call with a press of the MF button, no problem.
    Just returned mine recently for the same reason. I could never be certain when a call would connect and found myself pushing the button repeatedly. Went back to a flexglove wired headset. May try the SE 660 from Dans
    Last edited by midmofan; 03/22/2005 at 11:29 AM.
    I have been using my Moto HS850 with my Treo 650 and it works great in all aspects EXCEPT it has a 7 second lag (transfering from the phone to the headset) when calling or answering the phone. The 850 does not do this with my S710 phone so I think I will keep the moto 850 w/ my S710 and find new headset for my Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekeo21
    I have been using my Moto HS850 with my Treo 650 and it works great in all aspects EXCEPT it has a 7 second lag (transfering from the phone to the headset) when calling or answering the phone. The 850 does not do this with my S710 phone so I think I will keep the moto 850 w/ my S710 and find new headset for my Treo 650.
    i wonder if with the patch from cingular or sprintdelay can be fixed for the hs850?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.