1.    #1  
    Any recommendations for Expense Report software for Treo 650? I am upgrading from my Palm Pilot Professional (circa 1998) to the Treo 650 (circa last week) and need an expense report application.

The Palm Pilot Professional had one on the PDA itself, where you could enter date, expense type, amount, and various details. Then when you synched, the data got dumped to a file on your PC. Then, on the Palm Desktop, you could run the Palm Expense application, which would launch Excel, you'd have to allow macros, it was configured to your Palm username, and your expense report template in *.xlt form, and it would prompt you for Business or other categories, and a start date, and it would warn you if you were about to generate 6 expense reports, etc. It was also configured to a MapTable.xls, which would map the Palm categories to your expense report template row and column.

I rely on this weekly. Now that I have "upgraded" to the Treo 650, what are my options?

Thank you for any and all pointers!

...Sherry
    I use SplashMoney and it does the job nicely for me.
    MRL-MO
    I use ExpensePlus. A bit expensive compared to other 3rd party apps, but worth it, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrider
    I use ExpensePlus. A bit expensive...
    That's an understatement.
    MRL-MO
    Don't know if this'll work on the 650 - ExpenseRex

There's 2 links on the Handango site:

Free

$2.00 ???

Let us know if it works on the 650.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Since the T650 supports Excel, why don't you just make a spreadsheet?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoveney
    The Palm Pilot Professional had one on the PDA itself, where you could enter date, expense type, amount, and various details. Then when you synched, the data got dumped to a file on your PC. Then, on the Palm Desktop, you could run the Palm Expense application, which would launch Excel, you'd have to allow macros, it was configured to your Palm username, and your expense report template in *.xlt form, and it would prompt you for Business or other categories, and a start date, and it would warn you if you were about to generate 6 expense reports, etc. It was also configured to a MapTable.xls, which would map the Palm categories to your expense report template row and column.

...Sherry
    I am thinking of copying the one from my Zire 31, because I miss this, too -- it was a very nice handy little application. Has anyone tried this?
  8.    #8  
    I read the info on SplashMoney - it sounds like a nice personal finance app, but does not even mention expense reports.

I downloaded the demo of ExpensePlus, and read all the fine print. Not only do they want $50, but to make it map into your company's expense report form, they will bid you a price! I did not like the UI, either - it seemed more heavy and cumbersome than I am used to with my old Palm.

I copied my own company's Excel expense form into the Treo. This is VERY slow and cumbersome to fill out, since such a small piece can be seen on the screen, and all the heavy scrolling required. :-(

I found the ExpenseRex.prc file on a site in Spain. I LOVE the UI - very simple, and easy to use so you don't forget small items like skycap tips, etc. This is the one I want to use. But it has been discontinued from Handango. Does anyone have a conduit, so I can get my records over to the PC? Then, is there a mapping program so I can map the records to my Excel expense form?

Rayfield - I'd be interested in trying that one. Where can I get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoveney
    Rayfield - I'd be interested in trying that one. Where can I get it?
    er, i really don't know. i am starting to suspect that "Expense" under old PalmOS was a pointer to a specific database format, because there is no Expense.prc in my old Zire backups.

btw, the pointer to the ExpenseRex file is here
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    "Expense" from the T3 is posted in post #49 in this thread.
    thanks! will hook it up later today. but expenseRex looks like it's functionally equivalent -- will have to play around.
    This is something that I am really needing also. Could we list some others and have someone vouch for their favorites.