Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How often does your Treo reset? I've had mine since 2/28, and although it reset very often the first two days, it stabilized and I've had about a week of no resets -- until this evening.

I had Palm send me a new unit, but it is the same firmware version (1.14) and I have no reason to believe that it will be any different.
    so far, since i got the first batch of unlocked treo 650
    only 3 resets

first 2 reset within blazer when i tried to login @ bofa.com *no reset ever since*
    3rd reset while i was on the phone and playing with the apps at the same time, it was the camera i think

no reset ever since, rock solid
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    countless. stopped counting.
    wolwol: got any third party apps loaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    wolwol: got any third party apps loaded?

yup

bugme+*
    docs2go
    eReader*
    BibleReader+*
    Snappermail
    Bejewelled 2*
    Plant Tycoon*
    pTunes*
    MMPlayer*
    SplashMoney
    SplashShopper
    BackupBuddyVFS
    BlueFiles
    CardExport II
    Filez*
    FindHack
    Fonts4OS5
    KB Lightoff
    PowerRun
    Ringo
    SoftReset
    Uninstall

*on sdcard with PowerRun
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I've had mine since the first unlocked phones shipped. It's reset a number of times but usually related to me playing with new software. (Agendus mail was unstable for example so I uninstalled it and went back Versamail and since, knock on wood, I haven't had mail related resets.) I don't find it exceptionally flakey but it's definitely not stable like other phones I've had - on the other hand my last PDA, an iPaq, also used to reset periodically like the Treo. It goes with the terriorty. They're computers and computers run on software and software is buggy.

I think it'll get better as more developers work out compatibility issues with the 650. It's brand new there were bound to be issues. Overall the value of the device to me is worth the minor hassle.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Mine resets about 3 to 4 times a day. I tried removing all third party apps (except chattermail) and still had the resets. This is my second unit and I'm wondering if it's the unit, chattermail, or just me.
    I keep getting resets whenever I hit the Versamail application. I setup versamail on Monday (got the phone last friday), and ever since, It just resets when I try to go to versamail. No other software is installed on the device. Wierd. It's an Unlocked 650. Anyone else seen this?

James
    Quote Originally Posted by jksanford
    I keep getting resets whenever I hit the Versamail application. I setup versamail on Monday (got the phone last friday), and ever since, It just resets when I try to go to versamail. No other software is installed on the device. Wierd. It's an Unlocked 650. Anyone else seen this?

James
    plenty of people have seen this, use the search function
    1 | 2
    Sorry, I searched on 650 reset, and not versamail reset...
    Never. I had a couple of resets with WebViewer, but that was it. No resets since it was uninstalled.
    I'm seeing 2-3 per day. I was getting more before I did a hard reset and reloaded only the default DB's.

Most have been while using VersaMail, so I'm leaning towards reinstalling the trial of Snapper, though I may wait to see if the upgraded VersaMail in the (supposedly) forthcoming firmware upgrade will help.

I've also seen several instances of "HALRadioAcDc.c, Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time."
  13. e40
    run dbScan and see if it reports database errors.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5-v54a.zip

then look in AdvancedStuff.zip for dbScan.prc. Just run it.

For me, when I do a hard reset and hotsync, dbScan always finds the error:

Both Description and
    Note are blank - corrupt
    record. Rec=25.
    Date=2/16/96.
    Descript=

Then, it fixes the problem. I have a feeling the resets are due to this, because since I fixed this I have had 0 resets.
    My only resets have come with programs that rely on my flash card (ScummVM and CliFrotz). ScummVM seems to corrupt itself in some way and resets on launch (deleting the app and reinstalling fixes it). CliFrotz gets confused sometimes when either the Palm is reset or when the card contents change. Deleting its support databases fixes it.

Other than these two, smooth sailing.
    I was having almost continual random resets. Check my avatar for the reason. This is supposedly a hardware fault. I'm supposed to get a replacement unit today.

nOrM
    nOrM - please report back.
    Still waiting for the UPS man.
    I usually get a reset when I'm on the phone and do something that would cause instability. A big one is pairing/using a bluetooth device mid-call. Like if my battery dies in my headset, that'll usually cause a reset. I've only had one or 2 (max) resets that weren't pseudo-my-fault.
    I'm 30 minutes into my 2nd 650 and no reset yet.

I haven't done a hotsync yet or installed the Cingular upgrade yet. I'll wait till tonight to try those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by njdjr
    I'm 30 minutes into my 2nd 650 and no reset yet.

I haven't done a hotsync yet or installed the Cingular upgrade yet. I'll wait till tonight to try those things.
    I am anxious to hear how it went with your phone replacement. I am returning my Treo 650 on Saturday due to the same error and multiple resets. Mine is Rogers Wireless. When I enter #*377 after a crash and reset, I get the system log error: while running Phone: HALRadioAcDc.c., Line: 441, Host wake not asserted in time. There is a short thread on the PalmOne web site that discusses this some (see the thread "Unit Frezzing and Auto Reseting Several times a Day" in the Expertise Exchange). The consensus seems to be that it is a hardware problem and requires replacing the phone. However, there are still relatively few posts that I can find, so I'm not sure there is enough yet to call it a consensus.

Not sure if it is a related problem, but I also sometimes experience very slow responses, phone takes many seconds to respond to a key press and I have to do a manual soft reset to fix it.

jms
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast