Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    since the firmware update I haven't had one reset, that is 3 days reset FREE!
    Same here, not a single reset since installing the update 7 days ago! They used to be a daily or more frequent occurence!
    Quote Originally Posted by eshayne
    I have a Cingular-locked one. In the first week, I had three resets, one every couple of days - not sure about the first two, but the third was one of the "HALRadioAcDc.c" errors.

I installed the 1.04 "voicemail" update about a week and a half ago, no resets since then. I'm hoping this means it was fixed by the firmware update and not actually a hardware problem.
    I don't believe that the 1.04 update addresses the HALRadioAcDc.c error, since I was getting that error on my previous 650 with 1.04CNG. I was getting several resets a day. I called PalmOne who claimed it was a hardware problem. I'm not sure that I believe this, but I figured I'd try another phone anyway.

I am still in my 30-day trial period and now on my third Cingular-locked phone. The good news is that I am now in my 4th day without a single reset! One thing that I am doing differently, however, is turning Bluetooth off when I am not using it (I have a BMW w/ bluetooth and only use it in the car, with mixed results, BTW). I don't know if this is having any impact, but I am afraid to mess with success at the moment.

One other minor thing to note, is that there a slight cosmetic difference between my previous 650 and the current one: at the top of the phone, the icon for the "ring" side of the "ring/no-ring" slide switch is slightly different. On the new phone the "ring" icon is solid black while on the previous phone this icon was just an outline (similar to the no-ring). I wonder if this cosmetic change is the only difference or are other not-so-visible changes to the phone, as well.
    I have to reset MAYBE once a week. I'm on a Cingular GSM Treo 650 with the update. Generally I only have to reset when I'm in MMPlayer.
    Mine doesn't reset unless I run a poorly written program.
    The only resets I see are when trying to get voice tags working from a bluetooth headset, or when I try to send a file to the phone via bluetooth. I have seen the phone "lock-up" a couple of times where the screen will be on and the phone will respond very slowly or not at all to keypresses, in which case I soft reset it on my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    Tonight my phone is running very slow and every hour or so the buttons become unresponsive, clicking the green/red buttons at times seem to have no effect...trying to unlock the phone after wakeup with the center key usually doesnt work now...all i can do is manually reset it but 1 hour later same situation.
    I am having the same problem but its about once a week that the phone gets really slow and unusable. Have you tried any of the soft reset applications when the phone gets in this state?

Any ideas on what is causing this, Anyone?
    ok..so conclusion to all this....BLACKBERRY IT IS!
    Ive got more Guns than you.
    No resets unless I try some buggy software like Butler. 100% stable otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Implicit
    I am having the same problem but its about once a week that the phone gets really slow and unusable. Have you tried any of the soft reset applications when the phone gets in this state?

Any ideas on what is causing this, Anyone?
    I'm starting to see this SLOW behavior too. The buttons are unresponsive. Taking 8-10 seconds to complete each command. I ususally give up and use the stylus to do a reset.

Anyone know the cause of the slow behavior??? I'm about ready to give up on this phone. Just TOO MANY PROBLEMS with it!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by jksanford
    I keep getting resets whenever I hit the Versamail application. I setup versamail on Monday (got the phone last friday), and ever since, It just resets when I try to go to versamail. No other software is installed on the device. Wierd. It's an Unlocked 650. Anyone else seen this?

James
    Yup, I've seen it. Mine has reset three times, each was when I tried to move mail within the VersaMail app.

Mine has also slowed to a crawl or locked up a number of times. I removed/replaced the battery to fix.
    My treo kept resetting itself when i took it right out of the box. I thought it was a normal thing but then when i got about 16 voice mails from my friends the next day because i thought the phone was on but no one could call in, I tryed to see if i can find anything i did wrong.

All i put in the phone after i read everything about fixing it is downloading the newest firmware. This obiously didnt work on my unlocked cingular treo...... I returned it back for a full refund and waiting till the resetting problems people have settles down.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ok guys im a newbie and this might be a dumb question but how do you know if your 650 resets???
    I had resets

Changed to Doc2go 7.003
    Got rid of corrupt saved preferences
    Got rid of Date Mate 2004
    Realized you couldnt use megalauncher with megacom
    Never touch versamail

Now I have zero resets for the last 3 months
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808
    ok guys im a newbie and this might be a dumb question but how do you know if your 650 resets???
    your screen goes blank like you took the battery out. Then you @#%&# Then you get the progressively lenthening bar at the bottom of the with screen with other junk on it, then you get the grey palm powered screen, then you phone comes on like normal, then you fell mad, sad, and beaten. Then a chick walks by in a short dress and you feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by jksanford
    I keep getting resets whenever I hit the Versamail application. I setup versamail on Monday (got the phone last friday), and ever since, It just resets when I try to go to versamail. No other software is installed on the device. Wierd. It's an Unlocked 650. Anyone else seen this?

James
    I purchased a 650 on March 22 and I have had problems with Versamail causing the phone to reset from day one. I used FileX which worked for a week or so. I took it back to Cingular yesterday to return it by the 30 day deadline. The new one did the same thing after one day. I used the FileX which is getting old. Does anyone know if Palm is working on a fix. If not I guess I'll just take it back every 30 days until they can produce one that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by njdjr
    I'm 30 minutes into my 2nd 650 and no reset yet.

I haven't done a hotsync yet or installed the Cingular upgrade yet. I'll wait till tonight to try those things.
    I purchased a 650 on March 22 and I have had problems with Versamail causing the phone to reset from day one. I used FileX which worked for a week or so. I took it back to Cingular yesterday to return it by the 30 day deadline. The new one did the same thing after one day. I used the FileX which is getting old. Does anyone know if Palm is working on a fix. If not I guess I'll just take it back every 30 days until they can produce one that works.
    Before the SprintPCS firmware update it resets were happening more than once a day. After the update, it seemed that I went for about a week w/o a reset but I am back to almost one reset a day.

This version of PalmOS and the Treo 650 is a P____ of S______ phone as far as I am concerned....just read this forum about all of the problems that everyone is having. My hope is that when they go into major Europoean and A/Pac distribution that they will finally realize that they blew it and accelerate getting a Treo 700 to market that works.
    Versamail has cancer, you were riped-off and now must spend money on a replacement email application. Everyone loves Snappermail and as far as I can tell, its solved all their versamail problems.
    I probably have 3-4 resets a day, all being related to Versamail. I really like the simplicity of Versamail, but it's a poorly written app.
    how do you get rid of corrupt saved preferences? And what is the Date March 2004?

Changed to Doc2go 7.003
    Got rid of corrupt saved preferences
    Got rid of Date Mate 2004
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast