Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am happy to say that I returned my Treo to PalmOne after experiencing far too many resets and occassional lockups. I am soooooo happy to say that my replacement device has been great. I haven't had a single reset....I can now say...I love this phone.
  2.    #42  
    I wonder whether you guys are experiencing fewer resets with the new phones because you don't have the same third-party software loaded.
    I have the exact same software loaded that I did before. In fact, I probably have more loaded now than I did before. When I first got it, I ran it virgin-like for 3 or so days with just my contacts beamed over and it still reset. The line 441 error means that it is a hardware problem, not a software problem. Software can exacerbate the problem, but in this case it seems to have been faulty hardware. I'm alos much happier with my phone now than before. Still looking forward to the Sprint-like update to fix the volume, but I've been using my BT headset and the volume on it is really loud. It's a jabra 250, the free p1 set.
    Last edited by wktaylor; 03/25/2005 at 02:51 PM.
  4.    #44  
    What free p1 set?
    I had the treo 600 and bought my 650 from p1. They have a program where you can get a free jabra 250 if you upgrade. In the old days if you upgraded, you got a price discount, this isn't so bad as I was going to get a BT headset anyway.
    This is from another thread I emailed myself a month or so ago. I don't remember where I got the info, so credit to the author. I think you might have to get a cingular 650, but I could be wrong. The free 128 is for everyone with a 650 though. It's at least good the run a backup on, then put away. If you ordered before Feb 23, they might still honor it.

<Quote>
    http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml
    If you're a previous Treo 600 owner and you've already
    purchased your Cingular Treo 650 via the palmOne Store
    but did not claim your Free BT Headset you can call
    palmOne's Customer Services on 1-800-881-7756 and they
    will ship it to you. If you currently own a Treo 600
    but haven't yet purchased your Cingular Treo 650 then
    visit this page to claim your free headset:
    http://web.palmone.com/promos/treo650_bluetooth.jhtml
    <quote>
    7 resets in 3 1/2 hours, so far today since a brand new hard reset clean install.

I've tried 3 times to do clean installs since updating to 1.08 rom and no matter whats on this thing or not on it, its doing resets all on its own. Its not resetting when I'm actually using it, just when its just sitting there. I installed Crash to log these for me. Since noon today (its now 3:49) its reset itself 5 times with what Crash is labeling soft resets, and 2 MemoryMgr.c Line:2659 crashes.

I don't even have all the stuff reinstalled on here that I was running before the ROM update. 1/2 the time the phone doesn't turn itself back on after one of the soft resets.

This is pretty well rendering my Treo useless. I need to be available all time as I'm on call for work pretty much 24/7. Is Palm acknowledging these problems at all? I looked around all afternoon yesterday and couldn't find any way to email them a report of my problems.
  8.    #48  
    Sounds like you need to get your phone replaced.
    Yeah I'll be getting mine replaced asap..today is the good friday holiday and palmone is closed it seems..will try tommorow.

Phone ran good first 2-3 weeks and its just been the past week or so things got crazy...alot more resets than usual and I think I'm better off replacing and try a new one...hopefully I will get a refurb that is in good shape or a brand new phone..have had since about February 17th...I would think this is past the 30 days and they will try to pawn a refurb off on me..
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    since the firmware update I haven't had one reset, that is 3 days reset FREE!
    I just contacted P1 Wed. and the freebie was here today--so they are still honoring it
    DILLIGAF, Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by njdjr
    Got the 2nd Treo 650 and, knock on wood, no HALRadio problems at all so far.
    Me too! I picked up my replacement Treo 650 yesterday, and after more than 24 hours, and after installing my preferred 3rd-party apps, and repeatedly doing all the things that used to cause resets (while holding my breath), still NO resets. Not one. It seems to be working flawlessly. So far... Still holding my breath, but I'm starting to be more confident this one is going to be a good one...
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmshedden
    Me too! I picked up my replacement Treo 650 yesterday, and after more than 24 hours, and after installing my preferred 3rd-party apps, and repeatedly doing all the things that used to cause resets (while holding my breath), still NO resets. Not one. It seems to be working flawlessly. So far... Still holding my breath, but I'm starting to be more confident this one is going to be a good one...
    After about 10 days of no resets, I noticed that my Phone turned on again (chime and splash screen). Strange, because it was already on! #*377 revealed a "fatal exception" in the phone app.

What can we say? The Treo 650 isn't perfectly stable with the current firmware version. Let's hope that an update improves this.
    i have had my Sprint Treo650 for a month and 8 days and i have not had one crash to date... i was worried but i am almost positive its the 3rd party software the causes the resets.. some ppl said versamail caused it, mine works perfect... i dunno mayb i got lucky *elipsis*
    love mine. no resets here.
  16.    #56  
    Which firmware version? Which phone? What kind third-party software?
    On the Cingular GSM side, I wonder if there's a difference in stability between the software that ends with "-CNG" and the one that ends "-CNB". I have the former and get one or two random resets a day (same before and after the latest firmware update). No other problems though, and I'm basically still delighted with the 650.

Also, mine says Hardware version "A" is there a version "B"?
    I have a Cingular-locked one. In the first week, I had three resets, one every couple of days - not sure about the first two, but the third was one of the "HALRadioAcDc.c" errors.

I installed the 1.04 "voicemail" update about a week and a half ago, no resets since then. I'm hoping this means it was fixed by the firmware update and not actually a hardware problem.
    i've noticed that, in particular overnite, when there's a reset in the am that the battery level is down in the 50's. as it's almost alway 98+ at nite, this seems pretty odd. snappermail is set to manually ck for mail, so that shouldn't be an issue. anyone else noticing the something similar?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    When I got mine a month ago, it was PERFECT for 2 weeks or so. Lately it has been resetting itself and I get the infamous HalRadioAcDc.c error. From this board, I learned it was a hardware error. I called P1 and they sort of know it is hardware, but they insisted I perform a hard reset and not sync the data for 4 hours to test. I tried to explain to them that the reset occurs sporatically but they insisted. So I figured what ever, I'll humor them. My problem is that if it wont reset within 4 hours, what do I do then?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast