Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    5-6 resets per day since day 1.

Crappy hw and OS are at fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    I'm seeing 2-3 per day. I was getting more before I did a hard reset and reloaded only the default DB's.

I've also seen several instances of "HALRadioAcDc.c, Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time."
    Since I posted that, I have had my unit replaced after PalmOne acknowledged that the HALRadio crashes indicate faulty hardware. The replacement unit has been rock solid for a week now - I've crashed it twice by futzing with new software, but it hasn't spontaneously reset once.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Lately I have been getting a few fatal resets caused by "Phone"(2-3 per day) , I have no idea what is causing it..started shortly after installing chattermail rc4 and I am now using 1.0.4 so maybe this will cure it..it might not even be chattermail.

I think I will live with a couple of resets a day for now and hope everything works out sooner than later.

*When I initially got my unlocked GSM it seemed like the only resets I had were with Agendus until 9.04 and then they stopped...maybe 1 per week..now they started again but for everything the Treo does for me I'll live with it, I think back on PC's 10 years ago and the reboots we had to always do with early Windows, the damn bluescreens...this is tame compared to those years
    7-8 times a day. Also I can almost make the damn thing reset on will anytime I want. Every time I dial a number andfor some network reason the phone gets stuck on dialling. As soon as I press on Hang up the phone resets. ALso it loses all the volume level settings and I have to do them each time after a reset.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Every time I think about it.
    Got the 2nd Treo 650 and, knock on wood, no HALRadio problems at all so far. Finally installed the Cingular Voicemail update. Also had a problem w/ versamail resetting but I followed the instructions at the Palm One site and that problem is gone.

When I started having problems I looked around online and found some horror stories about Wirefly but except for getting dropped by their phone system once, it has all worked out ok. They sent out an advance repleaement which was promised within 48 hours and fulfilled the promise.

Today I signed up for Media Net Unlimited and still haven't got that working right after a couple calls to Cingular Customer Service.

But from a hardware standpoint, it's much more stable now.
    Last crash: 3/24/05 2017 while running pTunes: MemoryMgr.c, Line:2659, Chunk overlocked

No clue what all that means. But I've only had 2 spontaneous resets. The others were all related to newly installed apps, which required a reset before the app's settings took effect. I can't remember what the other reset was about.
    The last few days I have been having alot of resets I thought may be due to Chattermail..tonight after one of the resets I am getting the "Halradio" error...is this truly a hardware fault where the phone needs to be replaced??
    2 different 650's had to be reset a minimum of 7 times per day
    timexx8: apparently so, yes. My replacement unit has been faultless for over a week now.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    2 days ago mine went whacko and was resetting every 2 minutes telling me "Phone" was causing the fatal reset..I suspected it was Chattermail and have been sending Marc logs, tonight I noticed twice my phone had turned off unexpectedly..I looked and noticed "phone off" where my provider name usually is..I turned it back on and noticed again one hour later so I checked the log with #*377 and it tells me
    "while running Phone: HALRadioAcDc.c., Line: 441, Host wake not asserted in time"

From the comments I see everybody else making I guess I will have to ask for a replacement..I've had it just over a month

Tonight my phone is running very slow and every hour or so the buttons become unresponsive, clicking the green/red buttons at times seem to have no effect...trying to unlock the phone after wakeup with the center key usually doesnt work now...all i can do is manually reset it but 1 hour later same situation.

I'm wondering did others also get many "Phone" errors and then later got the "Halradio" errors?
    Okay folks,

Try this experiment: Turn off bluetooth completely... delete your paired items, shutoff the BT radio and see if your random resets stop. I have had nothing but problems with random resets wherein the logs show unknown app and CrashPro shows a "Soft Reset" with no data whatsoever. These resets occur EVERY 2-3 minutes with Bluetooth enabled, however, with bluetooth shutoff, NO resets whatsoever....

Love to know your findings!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I was having a few resets a day, but for the past week have experienced NONE....not sure why either! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky
    Okay folks,

Try this experiment: Turn off bluetooth completely... delete your paired items, shutoff the BT radio and see if your random resets stop. I have had nothing but problems with random resets wherein the logs show unknown app and CrashPro shows a "Soft Reset" with no data whatsoever. These resets occur EVERY 2-3 minutes with Bluetooth enabled, however, with bluetooth shutoff, NO resets whatsoever....

Love to know your findings!

L
    Thanks for the suggestion...I got nothing better to do I'll turn off bluetooth and see how long I go without resets..if it makes it past 12 hours that will be a record this week! I'll get back to this thread later...
    4 hours or so later... a reset caused by "Phone"...grrrrr
    since installing the updater, my 650 which reset numerous times each day has gotten markedly better. The one error that the patch didn't seem to address relates to using a wired handsfree kit with the phone. often when I use a wired handsfree, even the cheapo on supplied with my 650, when I terminate the call my 650 soft resets. I get the following error info each time "A reset was caused....while running "Phone" AceSystemInterfaceLayer.cpp,Line:453,Invalid audio profile". Anyone find a fix for this?
    As Leeladisky suggests...

Kinda defeats the purpose of having bluetooth, but I haven't bought a BT headset yet, and hotsyncing by BT is ridiculous. So until I find a use for BT I am leaving it off.

I have had one reset while I was configuring LightWAV, I got an SMS message, and then it rebooted. Thats it.
    My unlocked GSM Treo is very stable except for occasional resets always while using either Web Pro or Blazer (trying to log into certain sites).
    Last edited by joolsca; 03/25/2005 at 08:24 AM.
    I got my replacement 650 Tuesday for the line 441 error and so far, no resets (knock on wood). Wednesday I got the free p1 BT jabra 250 headset and haven't had any problems with that insofar. (pounding furiously on wood!) I put the program UpTime that I had on my 600 to let me know how long it has gone without a reset, and so far, still zero. I feel like i've been working it intensly, I've had it slow down a few times to the point where I thought it might need a reset, but it has come out of it. I found that it would take awhile to become responsive if I saved the pictures it took directly to the sd card. It might be because it is an older slower 128mb card. I have a 1gb ultra 2 sandisk on the way so i'm hoping it will be a bit faster.
    My first 650 would reset at least 5-10 times per day. Usually with the line 441 error. I've been much happier with my replacement.

Timxx, you should return your phone for a replacement asap. The line 441 does indicate a hardware error. After talking to the p1 "support" they agreed it was a hardware problem and sent me another overnight.
    No resets until using versamail for gmail. After update for sprint 1.08, no more resets
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast