1.    #1  
    After I installed HandZipper on my Treo I decided to try this out and it works GREAT.

Go to any site that allows you to download applications as zip files and download to your Treo. As soon as the zip file is downloaded to your Treo HandZipper is automatically launched and asks if you want to download and install and - it does just that. So simple..and so smooth Loving it!

"Cable not required"

Sorry if everyone already knew this
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. Does handZipper allow you to download directly to the SD card? and with the unlocked GSM, can You take a call during a download?
    None of the providers right now will allow you to take calls while you are actively downloading anything from the internet - they only provide one channel to be used for voice or data. GSM has the capability too allow both at the same time, but it has only been implemented on a few phones as of yet - the Treo is not one of them.
    Been doing this for a year. Thought everyone know about it. I guess there oughta be a faq...

As far as downloading directly to the SD card, the only browser (for the Treo 600 at least) that allows you to do this is the patched version of Webpro 3.

Blazer (for the 600), Xiino and WebViewer don't give you the option of downloading to the SD card - and WebViewer does not even give you the option of downloading anything.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Yes that is very cool indeed Tiffany. Save a copy of the .zip app file to your SD card also. When you need to reinstall the app again for whatever reason, just open Blazer, do a go to web page (menu G), type file:///xyz.zip and it will open HandZipper and install the app right from the SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    After I installed HandZipper on my Treo I decided to try this out and it works GREAT.

Go to any site that allows you to download applications as zip files and download to your Treo. As soon as the zip file is downloaded to your Treo HandZipper is automatically launched and asks if you want to download and install and - it does just that. So simple..and so smooth Loving it!

"Cable not required"

Sorry if everyone already knew this
    What does it do with the other files that were in the zip archive (the manual, readme files, etc.)? Do you need to go in with FileZ and clean up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I agree that this is very cool. However, I like to have a backup copy of everything in the ZIP file on my PC, just in case, so I go the non-cool route of downloading the ZIP file to my PC and installing from there.
    Kenji
    Thanks for all the info. I'll give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by pqfnb2
    What does it do with the other files that were in the zip archive (the manual, readme files, etc.)? Do you need to go in with FileZ and clean up?
    It leaves them (and the PRC file) in the zip I would guess - if the zip file is saved somewhere.

What if there's more than one .PRC file in the zip? Does it let you choose?
    it let's you choose which files within the zip to install
    sorr'y fo'r th'e unnecessar'y apostroph'e
    > Blazer (for the 600) [doesn't] give you the option of downloading to the SD card

Blazer does give you that option on the 650.

Also, another thread on TC taught me that if you compose a draft email and attach the zip file, you can then open the attacment and extract & install files from the zip.

-----
    Sent from Treo 650.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    > type file:///xyz.zip and it will open HandZipper

Do file: URLs only work if HandZipper is installed? I can't seem to do that with Blazer on 650.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA