1.    #1  
    I had calls dating back 6 months!! I decided to let go & purge everything except last month. Why the hell would I need any of that? I have a LOT of precious memory back! 3.6 megs & counting!!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    So, what does your garage at home look like?!
    mine's at 6.3mb
    Hmm..what file are you looking at to see the phone log size..?
    phonecalldb
    Mine is..eh..300K
    Is Tiffany trying to tell us she has nobody to call?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Is there anyway to download/convert this file for use on my computer (for reference later) and then delete the file on my 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    Is there anyway to download/convert this file for use on my computer (for reference later) and then delete the file on my 650?
    Comet from Natara software should do the trick. Natara also makes Daynotez.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  10.    #10  
    what i wanted was software that I could delete most of the call log on my treo but "archive" it on a desktop program. but natara does NOT do this. once you purge something from your treo & hotsync, the data on your desktop is gone too!! oh well no more bottycalling girls from 6 months ago (maybe they'd forget I never called them back!!)
    That's wrong! I've used Natara Comet for a long time and that is exactly what I do.
    In Comet desktop select File>preferences>archive>entries older than (choose period)>check mark "archive next hotsync, then default to "none".
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I had calls dating back 6 months!! I decided to let go & purge everything except last month. Why the hell would I need any of that? I have a LOT of precious memory back! 3.6 megs & counting!!!
    Yo TreoNeo my good man,
    Here is some more info. I was as shocked as you when I found it (the huge file).
    Matt
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=phonecalldb
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I have calls dating back to December 2003, which is when I upgraded to the Treo 600 and my call log (phonelog.db) is only 419K with 7541 Records.
    What I do not like about the purge options available on the Treo is that there is no option avaialble to keep calls for longer than 2 months. You can either keep all your calls (no purging) or only keep 2 months or less of calls. I would like to be able to keep calls for 1 yr and delete calls older than that. Wish someone would come up with a utility that would allow you to select a particular date and purge anything older than that date, you would think that this option would be a 'no brainer' as a choice in the menu.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    So Comet seems to work great for this. Anyone know of something to view and archive the "Messages Database" as well?

d
    Hey, this was great. I freed up 2mb of memory. Anything else that has a huge db that i dont need?
    This is another of those files that the 650 "magnified" because it's made up of a lot of small records. The Sprint 1.08 firmware update will make the file a LOT smaller. It's also going to be a lot smaller on the Treo 600 than on a pre- 1.08 650, for the same reason.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    i use treocalllog to accomplish this.
    it lets me archive all my calls, and the minutes associated with them.
    http://members.cox.net/flixtonsoftwa...Log/index.html

nice guy, and responsive to emails.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    do i purge the log when my treo reset after pressing 'call log'? Now my 700p does the same after i hotsynced my 600's data...... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

thks for ANY help!