1.    #1  
    What is the best or only way to view emailed pdfs on the treo650? I receive alot of emails with pdfs and efaxes that I would love to view on the spot. I remember reading awhile back that this wasn't possible and I never pursued it. Anyone know if there is any program or way to do this?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

fyi-this was/is posted in communications..I don't think that area gets as much action, so I posted it here also.
    There is still no solution.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks..I was afraid of that. I thought I saw an adobe pdf viewer for the handheld, but it can only read files that are on the mem.card..is that right?
    I'm fairly new to this process, but would a more steps involved solution be to download a .pdf file move it around to the memory card and then open it with the adobe viewer..
    Maybe my first question came across as seeing the pdf right in the emails.
    Still figuring things out..thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    Thanks..I was afraid of that. I thought I saw an adobe pdf viewer for the handheld, but it can only read files that are on the mem.card..is that right?
    I'm fairly new to this process, but would a more steps involved solution be to download a .pdf file move it around to the memory card and then open it with the adobe viewer..
    Maybe my first question came across as seeing the pdf right in the emails.
    Still figuring things out..thanks for the help.
    There is a thread explaining the current options. Here you go.

Here
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the link...I found this in that thread. Seems like it may be a good option. I just emailed a pdf to the email add. to convert to html. I'm waiting for the return mail. If I get it back (hopefully promptlytherwise what's the point I'll try opening it with my browser and see what happens. Here's the quote with the links/email adds:
    so far the best solution i know to read a pdf while out and about is to download it and email it either to

pdf2txt@adobe.com for a return email in txt

or

pdf2html@adobe.com for a zip file with the html in it....

for a large file this url will show it in your browser on the treo too

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrob...nlinetools.html
    One of the DataViz (makers of Docs2Go) has a produt that handles pdfs'. IIR, it only does "light" ones.
  7.    #7  
    Does the dataviz program allow you to view an emailed .pdf while youre on the road just using the treo from start to finish? It looks like this issue has been around the block. I would think someone would of caught dataviz as an app. that could do this. Doesn't hurt to ask though....
    I discovered the other day that you can view a PDF with the built in picture viewer?
    Does the dataviz program allow you to view an emailed .pdf while youre on the road just using the treo from start to finish? It looks like this issue has been around the block. I would think someone would of caught dataviz as an app. that could do this. Doesn't hurt to ask though....
    Not sure How the dataviz works. I do recall that some pdf viewer could only view those pulled in from the desktop through the Hot-Sync process. Apparently the hotsynce converted the pdf to a palm pdb file for viewing.
  10.    #10  
    dpyers,
    I don't think there is a very clean solution (email into treo, view on treo)..yet.
    BTW. I never got an email (pdf to html back from adobe off of the link above.) I either did something wrong or they are very very very very slowwwwww. I'm going see if any other services like this exist (adobes-convert and send back).That really would be helpful. I'll post here if I located something.
    The dataviz software will let you view PDFs that you sync with your Treo from the desktop, and it converts them to text only, no graphics allowed. And it won't open them from email on the road, I tried it and returned the software to Dataviz because they didn't clearly state if it would work or not.

Does Goodlink let you do this?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  12.    #12  
    I found this site that actually was fast and worked. <http://www.gobcl.com/convert_html.asp>
    ps the above url to adobe was corrupted..sorry..try this to see what adobe site talks about <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_onlinetools.html>

FYI...My thought on the pdf to html conversion is mainly for viewing image oriented pdfs..I'm not sure how they will display on the 650 (my guess is small) or if its even possible to zoom in on the page, but at the very least any art/images can be previewed. Pdf to text ..that should LOL be easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    The dataviz software will let you view PDFs that you sync with your Treo from the desktop, and it converts them to text only, no graphics allowed. And it won't open them from email on the road, I tried it and returned the software to Dataviz because they didn't clearly state if it would work or not.

Does Goodlink let you do this?
    Nope. You can view in plain text, but can't view the in 'pdf' form unless you convert using the Adobe converter and hotsyncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Nope. You can view in plain text, but can't view the in 'pdf' form unless you convert using the Adobe converter and hotsyncing.
    Ok, thanks for that answer. So how does Goodlink handle a .pdf with graphics? Will it only open text based .pdf's or will it just show the text of a .pdf that has graphics mixed in, or does it give you an error if it's a mixed pdf?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750