Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Any idea where I can get insurance for an UNLOCKED GSM on ATTWS? I want to be sure if something happens to my baby that I can get another unlocked 650. Lockline does not cover PDA's. Making a claim on your homeowners or Auto is not worth is with the high deductables. Any ideas?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Try asking your local State Farm agent whether he/she will add on a Treo to their Personal Articles Policy. They cover photo equipment and computers, they ~might~ cover your Treo, your mileage might vary...
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Thanks
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    they do cover the 650. I paid $13 for one year of coverage.
    Who does, State Farm? If so I need to find a local rep and give him a call. Does that cover the lost/stolen/damaged conditions?
    I insured my ATTWS Treo 650 with my State Farm agent on Tuesday. It was $30.00 a year, no deductible and covers loss, damage, theft....etc. Bundled it right in with my home owners policy as a personal item.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce
    Who does, State Farm? If so I need to find a local rep and give him a call. Does that cover the lost/stolen/damaged conditions?
    yes, they do cover for lost/stolen/damaged
    Guess I'll call my AMEX agent and see what they have to say just so I don't have to track yet another piece of insurance
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce
    Guess I'll call my AMEX agent and see what they have to say just so I don't have to track yet another piece of insurance
    Please let me know if you have any luck. I have AMEX insurance too and am interested in getting coverage for my Treo as well.
    My AMEX agent said no. I'll try and see if another agent tells me a different story as I was certain they told me they dealt with 'computer equipment'. I did get my Canon Powershot S1 IS insured for $4 a year though
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't have a homeowner's policy, since I'm just a college student with an apartment...so what options would I have?
    Once again...
    Try asking your local State Farm agent whether he/she will create a "Personal Articles Policy" for you and add your Treo (and your computer, cameras, etc.) to it. This shouldn't cost more than a few dollars a year, and this is NOT a part of/rider to a homeowners or renters policy. This is a completely different policy, and will not affect other policies with State Farm that you might have. This policy protects against everything you can think of that's not "wrath of God" - stolen, lost, damaged, flushed down, thrown up, swallowed.... :-)