Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I will be taking it back tomorrow. I haven't had any reception yet so I haven't even gotten it up and running! My apartment in the city, the house in the burbs, and my buddies apartment downtown and not a single call has gone through. I thought Cingular was raising the bar, is this not their slogan? I really thought that their service would be on par with T-Mobile here in Chicago, but I am using my Treo 600 today on T-Mobile to make a direct comparison. I had signal with my T-Mobile phone everywhere that I was, yet I did not have any with Cingular's 650. I was really looking forward to having Edge service on my own phone, as well as finally upgrading to the 650, but I am once again dissappointed. Not the 650's fault, and I know alot of others have good service in the city, but I certainly don't. I'll have to use my unlocked 650 on T-Mobile and just wait for Edge with them...whenever it gets sent to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I will be taking it back tomorrow. I haven't had any reception yet so I haven't even gotten it up and running! My apartment in the city, the house in the burbs, and my buddies apartment downtown and not a single call has gone through. I thought Cingular was raising the bar, is this not their slogan? I really thought that their service would be on par with T-Mobile here in Chicago, but I am using my Treo 600 today on T-Mobile to make a direct comparison. I had signal with my T-Mobile phone everywhere that I was, yet I did not have any with Cingular's 650. I was really looking forward to having Edge service on my own phone, as well as finally upgrading to the 650, but I am once again dissappointed. Not the 650's fault, and I know alot of others have good service in the city, but I certainly don't. I'll have to use my unlocked 650 on T-Mobile and just wait for Edge with them...whenever it gets sent to me.
    sorry it didn't work out for you at this time. I had a similar experience to yours in 10/2004. It was miserable... If VZW doesn't carry the Treo 650, it may be time for me to demo Cingular again...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!