Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi

I've had my Treo for about three weeks and been very happy with it, especially using Chattermail as an alternative to Blackberry.

But today, for no apparent reason, I've had a massive deterioration in sound quality - whether I am using speakerphone, the unit's earpiece, or a plug-in headphone. This is a problem with both phone calls, and listening to PTunes music.

Tech support advised trying a hard reset, which I did. That did not fix it. Tech support then advised getting a new unit.

Because I am under 30 days of the original sale, PalmOne are shipping me a replacement unit, and a label for me to return the defective unit. However, because I am after 15 days, I have to pay for (on my credit card) a new unit; and this will be credited back when the defective unit arrives with them. I got my original unit for $599, before the price went up, and PalmOne are going to honour that on the new unit, and not charge me for delivery - so I won't be out of pocket at all. (This seems pretty fair service to me.)

Owen
    Funny you mention this b/c I just called p1 last night and they're overnighting me a replacement unit, too. But, my problems are different than yours - mine are:

1. It constantly loses the GPRS connection and when attempting to reconnect, I get "Error Code: (0x400B)" even though the GPRS network is NOT down.
    2. When talking on the phone, after 5 - 15 mins (it's random), I hear a 'click' sound and suddenly I no longer hear the person I'm talking to. When I speak, I hear myself in the earpiece loud and clear - it's like I'm talking to myself.
    3. Some random resets when my Treo's just sitting on my desk (only happens once or twice a day).

The other reason why I requested a replacement unit is b/c they just started shipping unlocked units with an updated firmware and software (1.15 and 1.05) whereas mine is 1.14 and 1.05....I'm hoping the new firmware and software resolves the issues I was having.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005