1.    #1  
    Hi,

In Chatter, when I reply to a msg, it automatically prepends the original message with the text, "In response to:". Can I change this to something else? I want it to say "----------Original Message-------------" (similar to when I forward a message) or have an outlook-style heading with the original sender's email & subject (although I can see that these were left out to save space).

Do I have this customization option somewhere?

Thanks!

p.s. the product is great...just like a blackberry. I wish the battery life were better with Chatter on 24/7 though. I'll be buying this once it comes out of trial period!
    The next beta will put in original sender, subject, and date; will that suffice?

Marc
    Marc:

Great addition to put in the header information. I haven't tried it yet but will the header information include the e-mail address of the original sender or just the name? E-mail address is important.

Also, I have been using Chatter for a couple of months now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there ever a version that DID include the header info on replies and forwards? I thought there was but I think I remember that in that header info, sometimes only the name of the original sender would show up and not their e-mail address.

Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I don't think so... And yes, it includes the name and email address...

Marc
  5.    #5  
    awesome..thanks!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Marc -

The revised header is perfect - now no one knows that I am out of the office when I reply to emails :-)
    Of course, WE know...

Marc
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    ...but I know that you'll keep it secret...
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Marc -

The revised header is perfect - now no one knows that I am out of the office when I reply to emails :-)
    This is the one reason i stuck with Snapper for as long as I did.
    The minute I read that Marc was changing the header....
    I bought it five minutes later.
    I love Chatter!
    I love the inclusion of the original header... it doesn't quite work, though, when you have "no signature" set. Chatter inserts the header ok, but when you go to type a message, the cursor starts out in the middle of the header information instead of above it.

FYI this started with v1.0.4b8 and continues in v1.0.4rc2 ....

Thanks, Jesse
    All you have to do is push the up on the five way when the body section is highlighted before you hit the center button to begin typing.

Its not a big issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman
    I love the inclusion of the original header... it doesn't quite work, though, when you have "no signature" set. Chatter inserts the header ok, but when you go to type a message, the cursor starts out in the middle of the header information instead of above it.

FYI this started with v1.0.4b8 and continues in v1.0.4rc2 ....

Thanks, Jesse
    I've noticed this myself, and when you want to quickly reply to messages it does add in an extra step. It looks like something that can be fixed pretty easily (at least I hope so) so maybe a fix will be forth coming soon.
    This will be fixed in the next rev...

Marc
    Woo hoo... thanks Marc!