Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The following excerpt is from an email I just received from my Sprint sales rep...

There will be an SMS message going to all users of Treo 650's on the Sprint network in the next 7 to 10 days. This message will indicate that there is an update available for their phone and it will tell them how to get the update. It may be sent in "phases" to users handsets so the download site isn't overwhelmed (meaning not all users would see the message at the same time).

The software is v1.08 of the Treo 650 OS. It can only be used on the Treo 650. The patch does the following:

- Improves audio quality (Including fixes for voice "choppiness" and muting)
    - Includes previously posted "patches" for BT carkits and roaming
    - TTY optomization
    - Non-volatile memory improvements (NOT more ROM/RAM, but efficiencies in management)
    - VersaMail improvements (v3.0c)

Some points to remember:
    - The launch version of the Treo 650 was v1.03
    - The BT carkit and roaming patches could be lost if the user did a hard reset of the memory (this version of the OS makes it permenant)
    - Have the user perform a sync before they update, just to be sure
    - If you have customers who were concerned about memory, they may see a difference in available memory after the update

It should be available sometime this weekend and the SMS messages will go out next week.
    Wow. I hope that this is true.
    This is great! I hope those of us using one of Shadowmite's ROMs will be able to use this.
    Soo, the obvious question is will the custom roms cause problems? I have the one without Versamail...wondering how the versamail improvements will work? Guess it's time to re-flash to the original ROM...Hmm....
    also, I wished that there was as a reliable backup / restore software as was the case when we all updated the rom on our 600's. backupman really made it a snap for me. I get the feeling that it won't be quite as seamless on the 650.
    -- berto
    I use teal backup and am able to backup and restore my 650 perfectly. I used it after I did shadowmites custom rom.
    I agree that tealbackup seems to be the only solution that works flawlessy all of time.
    Ugh... I really wanted the Bluetooth volume issue to be fixed... Looks like no such luck...
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    My Shadowmite ROM works fine so I might not upgrade.
    It is beyond unacceptable if this doesn't fix the Bluetooth volume issue also!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I use teal backup and am able to backup and restore my 650 perfectly. I used it after I did shadowmites custom rom.
    thanx for the tip!! I'll try it out this weekend. seems like most threads make the backup thing a two horse race, backupman vs backupbuddyvfs. didn't know this was a viable alternative.
    -- berto
    I've discovered and easy way to get everything back with just Hotsync.

First I did a complete hotsync. Then I did the Shadowmite stuff.

After I did the Shadowmite stuff...

With out programming anything on my phone, just turning it on.

I did a Hotsync, remember I never named my phone yet.

Hotsync asks a question if you want to give the phone a name answer no.

Then then next tab down it says do you want to use a previous name stored.

Say yes, and it dumps everything back completely.

I've been puzzled why everyone is running out and buying backup/restore programs complaining that Hotsync is difficult. It wasn't for me, it was a one step process.

I'm not knocking these 3rd party programs and I'm sure they are useful in certain cases.

Oh, yes one thing applications that use the devices ESN number (if you restoring to a new phone) for registration verification you will need to contact the vendor.

Has anyone tried what I've stated?

Robert
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    rlanza, is there any particular reason for why you would display not only your email address but also your home address?

Sorry for the off topic post, but I'm truly intrigued.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054
    Robert Lanza
    33-68 21st Street Apt. 4B
    Long Island City, N.Y. 11106
    rlanza1054@aol.com
    You wouldn't happen to be Bob Lanza from Penn State, circa late 80's - would you?

Dunc
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    It is beyond unacceptable if this doesn't fix the Bluetooth volume issue also!
    Absolutely! That's the #1 most important fix for me. I've got to have more volume on my bluetooth headset.
    That is the only thing I want out of the update too. The other patches from Sprint and via Shadowmite fixed the rest.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I'm so ready to throw away the jabra ear gels on my 660 once the bluetooth mute is fixed
    Please let this be included in this update (fingers crossed)
    Forgive the dumb question, but where do I check to see what version of the 650 OS I'm running. I've checked several things but I'm not finding anything that appears be the OS itself. I ask because I got my phone very recently and have good call quality, so I'm wondering if they started shipping with the new OS before news of the upgrade leaked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by feathers
    Forgive the dumb question, but where do I check to see what version of the 650 OS I'm running. I've checked several things but I'm not finding anything that appears be the OS itself. I ask because I got my phone very recently and have good call quality, so I'm wondering if they started shipping with the new OS before news of the upgrade leaked out.
    From the default phone app, pull down menu-options-phone info. All the info you need if right there in front of you.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast