Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks. It's 1.03; same as the launch version I guess.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    That is the only thing I want out of the update too. The other patches from Sprint and via Shadowmite fixed the rest.
    Is your regular earpiece volume OK or is it a non-issue because you use a bluetooth headset? I have a cingular treo, and the earpiece volume is the main gripe I have so far.
    My earpiece volume is great. Speakerphone volume is mediocre, and BT volume is too low without the "mute trick."

I went through several Treo 600's, and noticed that the sreen and volume levels varied slightly with each unit. I would try to exchqnge yours if your earpiece volume is too low.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054
    I've discovered and easy way to get everything back with just Hotsync.
    you arent always near your PC and if something goes wrong, it is nice to have a backup on your card.

Right now, I'm not using any backup (other than sync) but plan on it once I get a working 2 gig card.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Boy do I hope for a GSM fix soon. Well....here's to hoping.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Called Sprint Cust service (*2) and asked them about the new firmware update. They advised me to go to a local Sprint store to get the "software update."
    aka: they don't know what you're talking about. yet another reason why I really wish Sprint would let PalmOne handle the support for this device.
    You don't want PalmOne handling customer service either. I had teh OLERR error and I called them and it took 45 minutes for them to hang up on me. I called again, another 45 minutes. Disconnected. Another 45 minutes. Disconnected. Another 45 minutes, got someone who did not know how to retrieve my account information, she put me on hold for 45 minutes to put my phone number into the system. Disconnected. 1 hour 15 minutes, I get a tech support having my uninstall and reinstall 16 times over three hours. I kept asking why are they doing that? She said this will fix it. It never fixed my synch and now I get an error c:\progra~\handsp~\packinst.dll every time the Hotsynch manager starts. Thanks to Pocket Mirror Standard XT, I can synch with no problem, but this error just looks stupid. They had me play with the system registry and made rename all the PalmOne folders on my laptop every time I reinstalled which gave OldPalmOne1 through OldPalmone11, no exaggeration, they kept telling me to do this. Dummies. She finally gives up and says she needs to have someone call me back, when do I want them to call me back she asks. I said 11:00 AM. I get a phone call at 6:00 PM. I figure I would copy and past the error and e-mail them a request for technical support on the website. What happened was as insulting as when you call PalmOne and the tell you to call Sprint for technical support (which every technical support rep at Sprint said when I spoke with them, I then informed them that they have responsibility to service their product by law and they began to attempt to fix my problem). Once I went through the details of my problem at the PalmOne website, I clicked submit and it sent me to www.sprintpcs.com, which does not provide any technical support. The first Sprint technical support person tried to tell me to call Micrsoft because my Outlook is corrupt. Yes, because of the software from the phone. Then he blamed me for screwing with registry and refused to help me (I did not touch my registry until after the error at the direction of PalmOne). His supervisor spent the entire day attempting to fix it, she said she would call me back at 3:00 PM. She called, no kidding, at the same exact time at the PalmOne call so I decided to take the Sprint call. It was a guy instead of the supervisor I spoke to and he had me reintall again, and it did not fix the error. Complete morons. I have head just about every smartphone out there and Sprint has never been able to provide technical support for them. PalmOne wants nothing to do with its customers. It is the first time I am having this level of difficulty with a smartphone and I am just disgusted with the way they handle thngs.
    scaredpoet
    Who did you speak with? I called customer service last night and asked them if it was going to be an over the air update and she told me that my phone was not scheduled to do it; so she told me to go to a sprint store. I will call my local sprint store at 10;00 eastern time and see if they do have an available update. Will let you know.
    So they are going to release 1.08 shortly even though they are shipping unlocked GSM with 1.15 or something.

With no DUN fix and no keyboard backlight adjustment. Also when I get a call waiting my bluetooth phone volume goes up to full. I suppose no fix either.

Yes shaddowmite has DUN but really it is absurd that we have to use hacked software to make a product usable. The choppy audio update should have been released almost two months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Megibow
    The following excerpt is from an email I just received from my Sprint sales rep...

There will be an SMS message going to all users of Treo 650's on the Sprint network in the next 7 to 10 days. This message will indicate that there is an update available for their phone and it will tell them how to get the update. It may be sent in "phases" to users handsets so the download site isn't overwhelmed (meaning not all users would see the message at the same time).

The software is v1.08 of the Treo 650 OS. It can only be used on the Treo 650. The patch does the following:

- Improves audio quality (Including fixes for voice "choppiness" and muting)
    - Includes previously posted "patches" for BT carkits and roaming
    - TTY optomization
    - Non-volatile memory improvements (NOT more ROM/RAM, but efficiencies in management)
    - VersaMail improvements (v3.0c)

Some points to remember:
    - The launch version of the Treo 650 was v1.03
    - The BT carkit and roaming patches could be lost if the user did a hard reset of the memory (this version of the OS makes it permenant)
    - Have the user perform a sync before they update, just to be sure
    - If you have customers who were concerned about memory, they may see a difference in available memory after the update

It should be available sometime this weekend and the SMS messages will go out next week.
    Just called my local store and they said that they have no idea of a "software update." Once again great customer service sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrenner
    So they are going to release 1.08 shortly even though they are shipping unlocked GSM with 1.15 or something.

With no DUN fix and no keyboard backlight adjustment. Also when I get a call waiting my bluetooth phone volume goes up to full. I suppose no fix either.

Yes shaddowmite has DUN but really it is absurd that we have to use hacked software to make a product usable. The choppy audio update should have been released almost two months ago!

1.08 for sprint will be the software version
    1.15 for gsm is the firmware version

In this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1.15+firmware

If you look at post #28 for example Iamfromfuture has

Firmware: 01.15
    Software: Treo650-1.06-ROW

You see the sprint software version of 1.08 will be a higher number than the most current 1.06 gsm version.
    After speaking to several people and transfers with sprint, they have confirmed that there will be a software update being released over the air sometime next week. No specifics on exactly what date it will be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Just called my local store and they said that they have no idea of a "software update." Once again great customer service sprint.
    Doesn't come out until next week according to the TC story.
  15. JJL
    I hope they fix the security issue. The lock after a specific interval does not work on my 650. Is this a known issue? I couldn't find another post about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    After speaking to several people and transfers with sprint, they have confirmed that there will be a software update being released over the air sometime next week. No specifics on exactly what date it will be available.
    The update won't be OTA but the notification of the update will be. Keep your eyes here...

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo650sprint/

for the download according to TC user Kevin Mchaels (palmone employee)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hello Dutchtrumpet,

Personally, I have received no formal announcement regarding any updates. But, I'm certain that palmOne is working hard to address all issues that may arise. Best I can suggest is to keep an eye on this forum, news travels fast! No doubt, any further developments will also be announced on the palmOne website at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo650sprint/

Sincerely
    Kevin

from
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...452#post534452
    Three words googly -- par a graphs

Difficult, yet entertaining read however..

Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    You don't want PalmOne handling customer service either. I had teh OLERR error and I called them and it took 45 minutes for them to hang up on me. I called again, another 45 minutes. Disconnected. Another 45 minutes. Disconnected. Another 45 minutes, got someone who did not know how to retrieve my account information, she put me on hold for 45 minutes to put my phone number into the system. Disconnected. 1 hour 15 minutes, I get a tech support having my uninstall and reinstall 16 times over three hours. I kept asking why are they doing that? She said this will fix it. It never fixed my synch and now I get an error c:\progra~\handsp~\packinst.dll every time the Hotsynch manager starts. Thanks to Pocket Mirror Standard XT, I can synch with no problem, but this error just looks stupid. They had me play with the system registry and made rename all the PalmOne folders on my laptop every time I reinstalled which gave OldPalmOne1 through OldPalmone11, no exaggeration, they kept telling me to do this. Dummies. She finally gives up and says she needs to have someone call me back, when do I want them to call me back she asks. I said 11:00 AM. I get a phone call at 6:00 PM. I figure I would copy and past the error and e-mail them a request for technical support on the website. What happened was as insulting as when you call PalmOne and the tell you to call Sprint for technical support (which every technical support rep at Sprint said when I spoke with them, I then informed them that they have responsibility to service their product by law and they began to attempt to fix my problem). Once I went through the details of my problem at the PalmOne website, I clicked submit and it sent me to www.sprintpcs.com, which does not provide any technical support. The first Sprint technical support person tried to tell me to call Micrsoft because my Outlook is corrupt. Yes, because of the software from the phone. Then he blamed me for screwing with registry and refused to help me (I did not touch my registry until after the error at the direction of PalmOne). His supervisor spent the entire day attempting to fix it, she said she would call me back at 3:00 PM. She called, no kidding, at the same exact time at the PalmOne call so I decided to take the Sprint call. It was a guy instead of the supervisor I spoke to and he had me reintall again, and it did not fix the error. Complete morons. I have head just about every smartphone out there and Sprint has never been able to provide technical support for them. PalmOne wants nothing to do with its customers. It is the first time I am having this level of difficulty with a smartphone and I am just disgusted with the way they handle thngs.
    Anyone know of when a Cingular 650 firmware update might be coming out
    Hopefully someone starts a new thread after installing the update that lists all the new bugs it releases. I wonder how this will affect the 3rd party software I've installed??? Especially, after the majority of the developers tweaked their individual software apps to make it work with the current memory setup!
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone
    Hopefully someone starts a new thread after installing the update that lists all the new bugs it releases. I wonder how this will affect the 3rd party software I've installed??? Especially, after the majority of the developers tweaked their individual software apps to make it work with the current memory setup!
    I hear a volunteer
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast