1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I just got my treo 650 (I love it!!! woo hoo!!) but the person on the other line has a hard time hearing me. I found shadowmite's homepage and want to install the rom patch he has there. But, will this erase my versamail (it is checked in his grid and I use that program for gmail and don't want to lose it). what are all of the other rom's there as well?

Also, does that patch work well? with speakerphone? I have that new voicedialing program from palmone but it can never hear me unless I am up close (an inch or two).

sorry for all the ???'s but I am so excited and am trying to "perfect" my treo.

matt.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    Hey all,

I just got my treo 650 (I love it!!! woo hoo!!) but the person on the other line has a hard time hearing me. I found shadowmite's homepage and want to install the rom patch he has there. But, will this erase my versamail (it is checked in his grid and I use that program for gmail and don't want to lose it). what are all of the other rom's there as well?

Also, does that patch work well? with speakerphone? I have that new voicedialing program from palmone but it can never hear me unless I am up close (an inch or two).

matt.
    You are using a CDMA Treo, right?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  3.    #3  
    Yep (think), Sprint.
    Hey all,

matt.
    People say it works well. I never had the problem though (that I know of, no one complained.)

All ROMs have the voice patch. The differences other than that are checked so you can compare.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    So I should check to see which "package" works best for me? If Versamail is X'ed, does that mean it will be removed or that it is saved?
    Sprint has its own patch coming out next week. You should wait if you can.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I would wait a week until Sprint "Official" patches come out. I'm knocking on Shadowmite's custom rom, but it may worth a wait until things clear up.
    So I should check to see which "package" works best for me? If Versamail is X'ed, does that mean it will be removed or that it is saved?
    If it is checked (or X'd) it INCLUDES that program.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #9  
    I just saw that, very tempting. do you think it will really be released next week or is it a way for sprint to keep us from complaining?
  10.    #10  
    anyone know if it makes the speakerphone better?
    I just patched my with Shadowmite's custom ROM the other day and there is no longer cracking and popping from my speakerphone. Huge improvement.

I have found that by laying the phone down on a hard surface, it improves the speakerphone a lot...

Try it if you don't believe this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetteguy
    I have found that by laying the phone down on a hard surface, it improves the speakerphone a lot...

Try it if you don't believe this...
    It does. It's a matter of acoustics. Not the most practicle fix, but it does work for the speaker part.