1.    #1  
    I've got an unlocked 650 that I'm using with T-Mobile service.
    I was trying to pair the 650 with my new Toyota Prius and can't get the car to recognise the phone. The phone sees and talks to the car (according to the message) but the car never responds. Any suggestions?? Does this have anything to do with the "crippled" Bluetooth I've read about.

Help meeeeee!
    I don't believe treo BT works with toyota BT

from...
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...html#supported

List of Supported Carkits

* MobileEase car kit from Peiker Acoustics, used in Ford, Lincoln and Mercury cars
    * HandsFreeLink TM car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) used in Honda and Acura cars
    * UConnect car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) used in Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge cars
    * Integrated car kit used in Audi vehicles with Bluetooth technology
    * DriveBlue Installation-free Bluetooth car Kit from Parrot
    * CK3000 Bluetooth handsfree kit from Parrot
    * CK3100 Bluetooth handsfree kit from Parrot
    * Anycom HCC-110 headset car kit
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmyles
    I was trying to pair the 650 with my new Toyota Prius and can't get the car to recognise the phone. The phone sees and talks to the car (according to the message) but the car never responds. Any suggestions?? Does this have anything to do with the "crippled" Bluetooth I've read about.

Help meeeeee!
    Well, I have an unlocked and it pairs with my laptop and headset.

I have read that not all bluetooth enabled cars have been tested. I found this page on Palmone's site. It doesn't mention cars. Palm site

Did you download the car kit upgrade?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    It does work acording to this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=prius

After the carkit update has been applied.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    I test drove a Prius and the bluetooth worked fine with my Sprint 650...
    (That's a first!)

Quote Originally Posted by tsmyles

Help meeeeee!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....