1.    #1  
    The Wednesday 3/9 WSJ, in the last section, has an article titled:

Cellphone Contorl Fight Grows

which talks about users and entrepreneurs unlocking phones to get all of the features available (and also to allow GSM roaming). There is a reference to Shadowmite:

"Others have taken more extreme measures. Less than a week after the much-anticipated release last year by Sprint of the high-end Treo 650, a cellphone buff with the screen-name "showmite" (sic) hacked the phone. The hacker figured out a way to allow the phone to be used as a wireless modem to connect a computer to the Internet, something that "showmite" (sic) said on his Web site the phone was originally designed to do."

The article goes on to print Sprint's response.

Way to go!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    The Wednesday 3/9 WSJ, in the last section, has an article titled:

Cellphone Contorl Fight Grows

which talks about users and entrepreneurs unlocking phones to get all of the features available (and also to allow GSM roaming). There is a reference to Shadowmite:

"Others have taken more extreme measures. Less than a week after the much-anticipated release last year by Sprint of the high-end Treo 650, a cellphone buff with the screen-name "showmite" (sic) hacked the phone. The hacker figured out a way to allow the phone to be used as a wireless modem to connect a computer to the Internet, something that "showmite" (sic) said on his Web site the phone was originally designed to do."

The article goes on to print Sprint's response.

Way to go!!
    my props go to Shadowmite!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  3.    #4  
    Thanks, Dutchtrumpet--must have missed it (and should have known that the early risers (on the East Coast) would be hours ahead...)
    For anyone with WSJ.com access the article is at:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB1...search,00.html