Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    I just got my 650 and it totally sucks. I'm using my Treo as a client for Nasa Shuttle Launch sequences. Everytime I make a phone call while I'm using the hacked Wifi drivers to upload the new launch sequences or re-entry configurations I get this weird delay on the data and I hear clicking on the phone call. Yesterday I took a picture with the camera and much to my dismay its not 5megapixel. I mean this is a total ripoff. I need these photos for forensic data analysis to be sure none of the O rings on the shuttle break. How can Palm even sell this crap!!??
    If someone knows the workaround for Using the Hacked WiFi while on a phone call and installing an unsupported app at the same time please let me know. I guess Palm is dropping the ball again on this. Geez!



    http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif
    Last edited by jvanyc; 03/09/2005 at 12:00 PM. Reason: just a little brevity people
  2. #2  
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3. #3  
    lol
    The don't use the " hacked " Wifi drivers.
    And Palm never said the camera is "5" megapixel. They state "...as high as 640x480 for photos or 352x288 for videos " No camera phone is 5 megapixel.

    If you're using it for such "critical" purspose, have NASA get you dedicated stuff.
    Chris

    Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
  4. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #4  
    thread crapping trolls...
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  5. Quake97's Avatar
    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    #5  
    This thread made my day.
  6. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by crc408
    lol
    The don't use the " hacked " Wifi drivers.
    And Palm never said the camera is "5" megapixel. They state "...as high as 640x480 for photos or 352x288 for videos " No camera phone is 5 megapixel.

    If you're using it for such "critical" purspose, have NASA get you dedicated stuff.

    Man, I hope you are kidding and didn't really miss the sarcasm of the first post and take it seriously. That'd be scary. Of course, you may be responding with similar sarcasm and if you are and I'm taking YOUR post seriously, then touche
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by iJITSU
    Man, I hope you are kidding and didn't really miss the sarcasm of the first post and take it seriously. That'd be scary. Of course, you may be responding with similar sarcasm and if you are and I'm taking YOUR post seriously, then touche
    Tundy is missing all the fun.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Tundy is missing all the fun.
    Hahahaha! That was good
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  9. #9  
    Who's with him!?!?
  10. #10  
    I thought all my problems were the result of a disconnect of the flux capaciter?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  11. #11  
    dang, no wonder i couldn't put in the sequence codes for those ICBM on treo 650!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  12. #12  
    I had thought this was sarcasm, then I remembered all the threads from tundy
    keocera 7035>> treo600>> treo650>>700p>>755
    Notalent, but I make up for it with lots of practice
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by crc408
    ...Palm never said the camera is "5" megapixel. They state "...as high as 640x480 for photos or 352x288 for videos " No camera phone is 5 megapixel...
    Samsung has one! and they just announced a 7MP phone as well! (the SCH-V770).

    If Samsung can do it, why can't Palm? This is just rediculous. I going to call up Palm One and Demand they release a patch that will allow the camera to take pictures at least 5MP, otherwise I am going to create a class action lawsuit and sue their asses. Who's with me?
    Soylent Green Is People

    My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Samsung has one! and they just announced a 7MP phone as well! (the SCH-V770).

    If Samsung can do it, why can't Palm? This is just rediculous. I going to call up Palm One and Demand they release a patch that will allow the camera to take pictures at least 5MP, otherwise I am going to create a class action lawsuit and sue their asses. Who's with me?
    I'm still partial to Toilet Papering their new office building. I mentioned that and we haven't heard from Tundy since.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  15. BGS
    BGS is offline
    BGS's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    #15  
    WOW..

    I guess I am missing out on all of these problems as my 650 just works fine...
    Must be time to sell it so I can get one of those screwed up ones..

    Get real...

    Bruce
    Bruce,
    Treo 600 & 650 / Cingular
  16. #16  
    I'm with you!

    *BOOST* LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    Who's with him!?!?
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanyc
    IYesterday I took a picture with the camera and much to my dismay its not 5megapixel.
    Gee, I work for NASA but I couldn't even read the box that my phone came in. Somebody put me out of my misery.
  18.    #18  
    The problem with the 650 is it only runs a flux capaciter emulator. You can't connect directly with the capacitor's adapters, you have to tunnel in via VPN. This problem combined with out of date ICBM codes makes any connection off of the wiginet completely unstable. Does anyone have the patch for this?
  19. #19  
    I think Shadowmite might have a ROM update for that issue...
  20. BigTex's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #20  
    Just take a left handed hammer then tap the 650 on its right-angled fitzelbender and you should have full warp capicity as long a the dylithium crystal hold out. Plus as a bonus you get a Romulan Death Ray beamed from the IR port. No need for ICBM codes then
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

    Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions